Moan from front wheel?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
A little background:

I hit a hidden pothole which didn't seem to cause any damage. A week later, my belts broke on the passenger side front tire at 100 mph. A 6' piece of steel belt whapped around the wheel well while I was slowing and eventually wrapped itself around the control arm. I pulled the wheel off and replaced it and the tire. No obvious damage to the brakes, lines, control arm, or wheel well.

I have since developed a moan that comes from the wheel at approx. 1-2 mph. Especially after driving a while and then stopping at a stop sign or stop light. I'm thinking wheel bearing or sticking caliper. I do have some minor shaking in the steering wheel that I don't know if it's related to the problem or not. If I step on the brake the sound stops. Anyone have any suggestions how to diagnose or which part I should replace first? Thanks in advance...

Cliff

flyn high again

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
i bet the groan and the shaking are related :D

hub and bearing assembly is about $56 from steve at tousely. get a new nut and cap too.

240 lb/ft. dont you dare use an impact.

I just bought a new torque wrench but I bought the one that tops out at 150 lbs/ft. I'll have to borrow a big one from Dana.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
its really a snap to change hubs. there's no preload or anything. just rip the old one off and throw the new one at the car. torque the nut and go.

a new hub&bearing assembly is one of the things i bring with me to the track in my spare parts tub

flyn high again

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
how do you make a hormone?

dont pay her.

thank you i'll be here all week
dont forget to tip your waitress

Straight from the comedy club, it's Shelby Guy!

We older guys remember that joke. From when we were babies. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread