-Battery relocated
-Switch panel installed to control fuel pump, fan override, cutouts
-Electric cutouts installed after headers
-Exhaust continued to back- OEM style
-Dash/IP mount repaired
-Driveshaft too long, needed to be cut
-E-brake cable clearance needed to be addressed

List goes on.

Also, earlier in the thread I mistakenly said "5-lug conversion." Durr moment there. The front brakes were upgraded to disc at some point and the spindles are 5x4.75. Rear is 5x4.5. Any ideas there? I was going to order wheels and we noticed the difference in bolt pattern. Previous owner said it was that way when he got it in 1982

On a slightly positive note, I'm taking my first full week off from work since 2005. Getting the '69 back next Friday and spending the entire following week finishing the aesthetic side of the resto including full paint correction. I'll post pics along the way.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Fast forward 3 months. Here's what we've found:

-Oil pan needed to be replaced
-Trans pan needed to be replaced
-Trans cooling lines needed to be replaced
-Steering gearbox replaced with Flaming River
-Idler arm needed to be replaced
-Radiator needed to be replaced
-Electric fan installed, clutch fan removed
-Header bolts replaced
-Heat shield installed on collectors - too close to trans pan
-Battery relocated
-Switch panel installed to control fuel pump, fan override, cutouts
-Electric cutouts installed after headers
-Exhaust continued to back- OEM style
-Dash/IP mount repaired
-Driveshaft too long, needed to be cut
-E-brake cable clearance needed to be addressed

List goes on.

Also, earlier in the thread I mistakenly said "5-lug conversion." Durr moment there. The front brakes were upgraded to disc at some point and the spindles are 5x4.75. Rear is 5x4.5. Any ideas there? I was going to order wheels and we noticed the difference in bolt pattern. Previous owner said it was that way when he got it in 1982

On a slightly positive note, I'm taking my first full week off from work since 2005. Getting the '69 back next Friday and spending the entire following week finishing the aesthetic side of the resto including full paint correction. I'll post pics along the way.
Good luck. This is the kind of stuff that scares me about buying a classic car that doesn't already have a modern drivetrain in it.

CV355

_
Established Member
Good luck. This is the kind of stuff that scares me about buying a classic car that doesn't already have a modern drivetrain in it.

Thanks!

The previous owner spared absolutely no expenses with the resto. Most of the car is amazing. It's the "little things" towards the end that piled up. I think he lost interest over time (not saying anything bad about him or the car- it's just the way things go sometimes) I did the same thing with my '00.

The big indicator was the steering gearbox. 120 degrees of steering wheel motion equated to nothing at the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread