Modded '13 Focus ST vs modded '12 5.0

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
So I was heading up to our monthly Caffiene and Octane meet in Atlanta and as I was merging onto the interstate a pair of new 5.0s were just ahead of me. I go about 85mph to catch up to them and there is a modded 370Z trailing them. They looked like they were about to line up so I hung back, but they never made a move. I them creeped up next to the '13 5.0 but he didn't want to run and fell back. Up comes a black '12 5.0 that had exhaust, intake, and email tune. We drop to about 60mph and I am in 3rd gear...I give him the hit and I pull one fender on him once I spool (which is pretty quick in 3rd@60mph), I grab 4th gear and pull about a car and half up to about 115-120...

I searched for the owner multiple times around the car once I found it at the meet. Right as I was going to check again I saw him pulling off, but couldn't catch up to him. I then saw the guy in the '13 5.0 who was with him getting out of his car. I introduced myself and they said they were looking for me as well because he was very surprised with the Focus. I found out the car I ran mods and scheduled to link up again at another local meet. His friend told me that he said "that turbo was loud as hell when it spooled up" :-D I am looking to find a Coyote with dyno tune making decent power to really see where I stand.

What do these coyotes make with a good tune and bolt-ons? 420-430rwhp? I am putting down about 345whp on 93 and 22psi. I could still drop about 75lbs by removing the full size spare, jack, etc.

Thanks for reading.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill. Have you taken it to the track yet?

I Wouldn't get use to it though.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You are really tempting me to trade in my truck and get an older truck for one of these.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Good kill. Have you taken it to the track yet?

I Wouldn't get use to it though.

No I haven't been to the track and don't plan on it. It is just a fun street car and catch a race here and there. Why should I get used to keeping up with/beating tuned 5.0s? As I mentioned I need to find a car that knows how much power they are making. I have another 5.0 that used to own an ST and he has an AED tune. I'm going to try to link up with him very soon and this time get it on video.

You are really tempting me to trade in my truck and get an older truck for one of these.

Do it! The car could take more boost but I don't push it to its limit.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
No I haven't been to the track and don't plan on it. It is just a fun street car and catch a race here and there. Why should I get used to keeping up with/beating tuned 5.0s? As I mentioned I need to find a car that knows how much power they are making. I have another 5.0 that used to own an ST and he has an AED tune. I'm going to try to link up with him very soon and this time get it on video.

Do it! The car could take more boost but I don't push it to its limit.

Some 5.0 guys will chime I about the power. What does your car weigh that's got to be a fun street car. I like that you have no interest in the track. I could car less what a car runs at the strip, dyno numbers and weight tell the story.

b_dike

Established Member
Cool car, nice kill, but you sure you weren't dreaming. The only thing that beats a 5.0 is another 5.0... everybody knows dat.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Some 5.0 guys will chime I about the power. What does your car weigh that's got to be a fun street car. I like that you have no interest in the track. I could car less what a car runs at the strip, dyno numbers and weight tell the story.

Wrong! Dyno numbers are just that a number. The track tells the story.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member

Well the track does have its uses but I rather stay away and avoid breaking stuff unnecessarily.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I wish I could get my wife to mod her ST but we only plan on having for another 2 years tops so going to keep it stock and then looking at Audi S5. Still not bad stock but would love more. Nice kill man!! How is the TQ steer?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread