Modded 2012 GT Dyno results LOCAL DYNO TUNER vs EVOLUTION TUNE

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I took my 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 to AED (Advanced Engine Development) in Shingle Springs, Ca this morning for some tuning. All I can say is what a GREAT job Shaun did on the tuning. It has a JLT intake, BOSS intake (Ported and cleaned up by me), Greyhound performance off road X-pipe, Magnaflow Street Series Catback, SCT X3, and Ford Racing 3:73's. It put down 441hp/388ft-tq on STOCK ignition timing! I still get nearly the same mileage I got when the car was totally stock.

A buddy also brought his car down with almost the same mods plus an Evolution tune to see what it ran and make sure it was safe… His car at 5 degrees of added ignition timing was only at 415hp, which 5 degrees of added timing is huge and definitely not the safest way to run on 91 octane with these motors. Shaun put his basic tune on it without changing any of the variables for the specific car and at factory ignition timing to see what the power difference was. Immediately the car put out an extra 15hp and 8ft-tq. At the end of the tuning his car ended up putting down 431hp/388ft-tq at factory ignition timing.

So not only did we get more power then an Evolution tune its MUCH safer and much less chance of the cylinder 8 failure when the timing is set at what Ford designed it to be.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Dyno Run MODIFIED VIDEO - YouTube

*edited by moderator, neither of you are a supporting vendor*

2011-08-13_10-03-45_375.gif

2011-08-10_14-00-24_304-1.jpg

Scan37.gif

Last edited:

DocSean

Established Member
It took a couple hours on the dyno, the main reason for it taking so long is because it takes so long for the tune to load into the car. Actual tuning time wasn't too bad. He charges $400 for N/A Fords.

So does he use your SCT to make the tune, or does he have his own device?

Shaun@AED

I should clarify a few details...

EVO tune: 430RW with a total of 25 degrees of timing.
EVO tune with 4 degrees removed made 415RW.
AED base tune with stock ignition timing (21 total) and stock cam timing made 425RW.
Final custom tune put down 431RW (basically the same as the EVO tune) with stock ignition timing, but made more power at lower RPM's....and runs stone-stock Ford ignition timing.

wbt

Banned
Gotta love those dynocom dyno's. Few months ago I put down 450/404 at the wheels on one which I personally think is way generous.

DynocomRun.jpg

I do like the comparisons on the tunes and shows how a dyno should be used, as a tool.

Every Boss intake I have seen is smooth without casting flash in any part of it. I would love to see pics of one with this flash spoken of.

Anywho, solid numbers. Time for some 1/4 mile times to back it up with. :thumbsup:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
a dyno is a tuning tool..period

the dyno tune is a finished product..the e tune is a starting point just like the basic tune that was loaded in to the vehicle to start the dyno tuning process..

a tune built from datalogs whether from dyno runs or street runs should net better results than a basic preliminary custom e tune or any tune that has not been dataloged and revised..that is why most e tuners ask for datalogs and AF readings so they can optimalize the e tunes..

if you are getting dyno tuned and the tune is not built from datalogs from the dyno runs....search for another tuner

if you are not utilizing revisions based on returning datalogs and AF reading for your e tune.. you should be..if your e tuner doesnt offer that option to you then you should look for one that does.

Users who are viewing this thread