Modded 5.0 vs Procharged 3V

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
So my friend convinced me to pull the Bullitt out of storage to go see how crazy the race scene has become IN MEXICO. He drives the procharged 3v.

I ran into this ridiculous kid in a 5.0. He was on drugs or something, and I only got his mods out of him piece by piece. Anyway, I raced him from a roll, and he beat me. Mods I got out of him were: 3" full exhaust, intake manifold, tune, m/t drs, and he claimed the whistling was his gears.. He was overly cocky about beating me, and even waved after he started to pull away from me. A gave him a thumbs up to which he replied a smirk and a chuckle.

I told my friend about this encounter, and they apparently knew each other. My friend has full bolt ons, m/t drs, and the procharger kit. He runs 11s so I knew this would be a good race.

They were supposed to race before the highway, but tweaker kid could not get his shit together. I have 9 other vids where he revs, honks, and falls back. They finally lined up on the highway, and here is the vid. Sorry for the crappy sound. Apparently, the 5.0 had awkward honking abilities, and took the jump on the 3V. My friend said he SLOWLY crept up on him, but they shut it down with the 5.0 in front by inches.

[youtube_browser]Dv_04LIa-8k&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

In any case, I had 2 good deaths tonight, and mustangs seemed to pretty much own the car scene, which is much different than when I was into it 5-6 years ago (ls1 madness lol).

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sorry to hear the 5.0 driver was a little batty, most of us are some what normal.

I owned a Vortech Mach1 making 480ish to the rear. It's my opinion my 5.0 pulls about the same, if not a little harder up top, as my Mach did. This would be in NA trim. If I was spraying against my Mach I would walk it pretty good.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Sounds like a true 5.BRO lol. What's the mods on your Bullitt?

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
The 5.0 was dark blue. I'm not sure specifically which color.

My mods are just bolt ons now; all the basic stuff. I'm clearly not in league with the cars in the OP. I just go to have fun.

The far worst part of the night was seeing my old terminator being driven by a sideways, flat-billed hat wearing teenager with his five friends in the car as he revved at everything :( The misses had to ask if i was okay. Apparently my face looked crushed. It was filthy, but at least the stingers still sounded good.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I guess this is why I haven't found anyone to race in my car I've had for almost a year now. I just refuse to go to those spots and deal with the 16-20 crowd.

So did you ever find out the full mod list from him? I don't get why people have to be so secretive

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
I guess this is why I haven't found anyone to race in my car I've had for almost a year now. I just refuse to go to those spots and deal with the 16-20 crowd.

So did you ever find out the full mod list from him? I don't get why people have to be so secretive

There was definitely no shortage of idiots. Lots of fly-bys and burnouts in packed parking lots with people walking around. Lots of drinking, littering, and other drugs too. I'd love to get a group of respectful, mature enthusiasts to cruise with instead of all that.

I never did. A number thrown out by someone was that he put 460 to the wheels. I'm not sure when that was though or with what mods at that point.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I can't find a happy medium. When I go to the meets here that are on like Saturday or Sunday morning it's just old guys wiping down their old cars and nobody pays any attention to your car unless its pre 1970. But I can't deal with the night crowd full of idiots. I just need a middle age group. Late 20's - early 40's

40calcobra

Established Member
The 5.0 was dark blue. I'm not sure specifically which color.

My mods are just bolt ons now; all the basic stuff. I'm clearly not in league with the cars in the OP. I just go to have fun.

The far worst part of the night was seeing my old terminator being driven by a sideways, flat-billed hat wearing teenager with his five friends in the car as he revved at everything :( The misses had to ask if i was okay. Apparently my face looked crushed. It was filthy, but at least the stingers still sounded good.

6 people in a 03/04 cobra? Were they all midgets?

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
6 people in a 03/04 cobra? Were they all midgets?

Haha, pardon my exaggeration. When he went by me, I saw at least one head peaking forward into the front seat and what looked like another body right next to him. So 4-5 kids packed into this cobra.

okc12silvergt

Established Member
LMFAO this was me. Glad to know u think im some tweaking teenager. I'll take the 2nd part of that as a compliment; being that I am 30 years old and probably much older than you LOL. It was my buddy driving when we raced you in the Bullit. He didn't even wanna race because he had only driven the car maybe 5 min.But you persisted with reving up and pacing us then surging ahead. So I told my buddy what the hell give it to him. Ya I waved at you it was a little cocky I appoligize. Then Glad to see somebody got video of the run. I would like to run him again from a 40 roll. Yes I am N/A no I am NOT S/C as I tried to yell at you over the loud cars. It is the gears in the rear end wether you believe it or not is up to you. I switched from 3.31's to 3.73's for my taller 28inch DR's.I can pop the hood for you and show you if you like. My current mods are JBA headers, xpipe, axleback, Boss intake, CAI, tune. I am switching to Brooksspeed for my tune so would gladly rerun him this weekend on my tires and new tune and see the difference. Nice car BTW and me and my buddy driving both gave you a thumbsup but yet you still come on here to make this post LOL Oh well Cheers hope to see you out again. Your buddy runs 11's ? does he have a slip because the slip I seen was 12.7@110. I was not on Drag radials that night IDK where you got that from. You can tell if I am on drag radials. big 28inch tall tires with chrome Drag stars seem to stick out. I told Christien your buddy to not race me on Mccarthur because their would be a cop sand sure enough there was. That's why I waited till we got on the highway.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
LMFAO this was me. Glad to know u think im some tweaking teenager. I'll take the 2nd part of that as a compliment; being that I am 30 years old and obviously much older than you LOL. It was my buddy driving when we raced you in the Bullit. He didn't even wanna race because he had only driven the car maybe 5 min.But you persisted with reving up and pacing us then surging ahead. So I told my buddy what the hell give it to him. Ya I waved at you it was a little cocky I appoligize. Then Glad to see somebody got video of the run. I would like to run him again from a 40 roll. Yes I am N/A no I am NOT S/C as I tried to yell at you over the loud cars. It is the gears in the rear end wether you believe it or not is up to you. I switched from 3.31's to 3.73's for my taller 28inch DR's.I can pop the hood for you and show you if you like. My current mods are JBA headers, xpipe, axleback, Boss intake, CAI, tune. I am switching to Brooksspeed for my tune so would gladly rerun him this weekend on my tires and new tune and see the difference. Nice car BTW and me and my buddy driving both gave you a thumbsup but yet you still come on here to make this post LOL Oh well Cheers hope to see you out again.

its rare we get to hear the other side of a story.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I figured it was Bryan's car that you raced. That's why I asked the color. They're are not many modded kona blue 5.0s rolling around the metro and I was gonna clarify the mod list, but since Bryan already did that guess I'll just sit back and watch the show at this point lol.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
LMFAO this was me. Glad to know u think im some tweaking teenager. I'll take the 2nd part of that as a compliment; being that I am 30 years old and probably much older than you LOL. It was my buddy driving when we raced you in the Bullit. He didn't even wanna race because he had only driven the car maybe 5 min.But you persisted with reving up and pacing us then surging ahead. So I told my buddy what the hell give it to him. Ya I waved at you it was a little cocky I appoligize. Then Glad to see somebody got video of the run. I would like to run him again from a 40 roll. Yes I am N/A no I am NOT S/C as I tried to yell at you over the loud cars. It is the gears in the rear end wether you believe it or not is up to you. I switched from 3.31's to 3.73's for my taller 28inch DR's.I can pop the hood for you and show you if you like. My current mods are JBA headers, xpipe, axleback, Boss intake, CAI, tune. I am switching to Brooksspeed for my tune so would gladly rerun him this weekend on my tires and new tune and see the difference. Nice car BTW and me and my buddy driving both gave you a thumbsup but yet you still come on here to make this post LOL Oh well Cheers hope to see you out again. Your buddy runs 11's ? does he have a slip because the slip I seen was 12.7@110. I was not on Drag radials that night IDK where you got that from. You can tell if I am on drag radials. big 28inch tall tires with chrome Drag stars seem to stick out. I told Christien your buddy to not race me on Mccarthur because their would be a cop sand sure enough there was. That's why I waited till we got on the highway.

g0G3v.gif

Rct851

Established Member
... The world is growing smaller, edges of the map filled in... Or something like that lol

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I can see a procharged 3V running 11's and being just as quick as a bolt-on 5.0.

Our Vortech 3V went 12.2's in 100 degrees on F1's with an auto and 3.31's consistently.

Good story, especially since we see it from both sides :)

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Hey, thanks for the reply. Since you seem okay now, I'll take it as just a misunderstood moment on my part. Look forward to seeing you out again.

All I have about your interaction I got from Christien or my vids. He told me you had the same d/rs, and he sent me the text "...lol" because you kept getting in and backing off on the way to the highway. Maybe you forgot to tell him not to race until the highway?; you were apparently the only one under that assumption. Yes, he has a slip. I believe he posted it the night before on that fb page he/ya'll are on. Don't quote me, but I think he said 11.9 at 117.

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
Im the one with the blown 3v. And yeah on fb you saw a slip of 12.7. I showed that slip just to show that one tool my car runs faster than a 16 so he would race and shut the hell up. I drove 45 miles to the track, on the radials, and as soon as I got there ran the car with no burnout. Sounds like heat soak and a dam good job considering I had a passenger in,and no helmet. If you dont think I run 11.9, run me at the track when im on slicks and no heat soaked and see lol.

Last edited:

bmoney50

Established Member
There was definitely no shortage of idiots. Lots of fly-bys and burnouts in packed parking lots with people walking around. Lots of drinking, littering, and other drugs too. I'd love to get a group of respectful, mature enthusiasts to cruise with instead of all that.
I never did. A number thrown out by someone was that he put 460 to the wheels. I'm not sure when that was though or with what mods at that point.

If you ever find this group of people lmk I would like to meet up as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread