Modded 99 Cobra in SD

Josh79

Established Member
this is the last place i put an ad up. i realize the thread is shot thanks to ppl running their mouth about stuff they dont know and trashing the car and me.

its funny how it was up here for how long without much response till the shit was posted then everyone had to put in there .02 and become a bunch of low ballers.

had a couple pms about it so see if anyone gets back to me or not.

RSbeast

Established Member
I love the idea of someone buying a used Cobra (or ANY performance car) thinking it didn't get driven. Are people really that dull? Really?

YOU buy a fast car because you want to drive it hard. Do you mod the thing to never go past 1/2 throttle? Would you rather buy a car from a woman who never washed it, changed the oil, and hit every curb possible. Stock parts are generally JUNK anyhow and who cares if they break..buy better ones. You could even get into the old adage of ring wear in the cylinder walls were there is a wear pattern if the car was never beat EVER and then you go wail the piss out of it; stretch a rod ever so slightly and the thing starts smoking since you busted the first ring(used to be common on older stuff).

Car looks great, the price is right, and it has good looking parts with nice fresh paint that people want. Seller has been stand up. Lowballers can look elsewhere.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
A motor replacement was mentioned..... Any truth to that? A built motor in this car would be icing on the cake!!

When I bought it in 2007ish (1 family owned prior) with 5x,000 miles I soon after noticed that it had a Ford reman tag placed on the extremely clean WAP block with fresh exhaust manifold gaskets. At first I was like wtf, so I quickly got ahold of a Ford OASIS report only to find that it wasn't done under warranty. The engine was manufactured on October 1st, 2004. Of course I originally got a bit pissy about it, but that engine always ran hard for being exhaust-only. The air/fuel also appeared more "controlled" while on the rollers (at least to me) compared to other pig rich 99/01s on a stock tune.

So in sum I believe the engine is a factory-spec Ford reman with roughly 5 less years on it compared to the rest of the car. Also, the transmission is an OEM Ford unit that was put in around 2008, and the rearend was rebuilt with a cast iron pumpkin around 82,000 miles. Hope that helps.

Car on the lift when the tag was found
100_8359.jpg

Fresh longblock with new gaskets
100_8349.jpg

100_8348.jpg

Tag
100_8345.jpg

Dyno
DSC01922-1.jpg

Bassani catback, O/R X, air filter.
garagephp5sh.jpg

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
"Five more rear ends." Mother of God. How many has it gone through? I haven't ruined that many rear ends since my freshman year of college.

Josh79

Established Member
Believe he only did it once. He is just saying he would buy the car back and do it again. Everyone knows the IRS rearend is weak and launching the car can cause damage. Lots of ppl have had it happen. If i end up keeping it first thing i would do is bushings in the irs to stiffen it all up.

Yes still have the car. Going to be calling the dealer back soon and see what he says if dont get anyone seriously interested in it soon.

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
Lol at all this. Doesn't this car have 4:30s in it? And rear ends don't just break, consistent abuse and improper driving breaks things. Just because a car has nice paint and smells clean inside doesn't mean it's worth top value. The car is nice looking but I think it's worth about 6500, all that damage and hard abuse makes it lose a lot of value.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you find someone naive to buy it I don't think it will be on Svt.

fangs99

Established Member
OP, don't sweat the idiots on this site. I think your asking price is fair but you may need to be willing to make a deal if you need to sale. That being said I know a lot of cars that have been hit and repaired and are fine. A few have salvage titles and are in better than showroom condition but, any accident lowers the resale value.

Josh79

Established Member
Lol at all this. Doesn't this car have 4:30s in it? And rear ends don't just break, consistent abuse and improper driving breaks things. Just because a car has nice paint and smells clean inside doesn't mean it's worth top value. The car is nice looking but I think it's worth about 6500, all that damage and hard abuse makes it lose a lot of value.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you find someone naive to buy it I don't think it will be on Svt.

you think its worth 6500 well good for you. dont really care.

car has 373s not 430s. the irs rearends on 99 cobras are one of the weak links on the cars thats a fact. when you actually get really good traction and launch the car things can and may break.

Josh79

Established Member
That isnt the issue. Its the fact that it is an irs pumpkin had no diff brace etc. not because of a bad driver or because the car was geared wrong. You obviously dont know shit about irs so keep your .02 to yourself. this is a for sale thread. you aint interested in the car so cya

03TermiCobra

Established Member
Good lookin car. I think 8500 is a bit high. There's a 99 somewhere near Sioux City with 28k supercharged dyno sheets show it put down roughly over 500 and its 10g obo

Josh79

Established Member
there are a lot of cars that are way higher then mine. dont see anything close that is similar for any less.

Users who are viewing this thread