Modded 99 Cobra in SD

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I was going to let this go but I almost feel sorry for the seller now.

I'm the past owner of this car. The input shaft sheered all of the teeth off. The transmission has since been replaced with a new unit from Ford Racing back when they had their 99/01 Cobra engine/tranny/ECU package. I exploded the pumpkin (no diff brace) and replaced it with a cast iron one utilizing a Ford ring/pinion. The engine always ran flawlessly, and produced over 300whp with a catback/x-pipe. The deer hit consisted of your usual bumper/hood/headlights/header panel. I bought both the front and rear bumpers from Ford and still have all of the receipts from the body shop. Hell I still have pretty much all of the history for this Cobra tucked away.

I drove the car just as it should have been driven and was probably maintained better then most other New Edge Cobras for sale. Obviously a couple drivetrain parts wasn't up to the task. The car was surprisingly nice when I sold it, and I would gladly put it back in my garage to bust some more LS1 egos if the price was right. This thing would yank AWDs out of the hole with ease without even warming the tires up. Awesome car.

Josh79

Established Member
Finally someone who can actually speak the truth about the car and not just try to start shit.

If no one wants to pay atleast 8500 for it ill just hang on to it. The car is super nice and if you dont believe me come look @ it. Pictures dont do it justice.

Sorry the car wasnt owned by some old lady who never drove it. The car has been driven and its been taken care of properly. End of story

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
Finally someone who can actually speak the truth about the car and not just try to start shit.

If no one wants to pay atleast 8500 for it ill just hang on to it. The car is super nice and if you dont believe me come look @ it. Pictures dont do it justice.

Sorry the car wasnt owned by some old lady who never drove it. The car has been driven and its been taken care of properly. End of story

You should take the 8k from the dealer. that is more than your car is worth. 100k miles on it with a destroyed history will make it 6-7k to a buyer that knows anything about cars. glws cause I am interested,just not for 8.5k. plllease :lol1:

Haha my fav quote is "the car has been driven and been taken care of properly". if you mean that the car blowing the trans,engine,pumpkin, then hit a deer at 60mph is taking care of the car..... then maybe I should stay far away from you as a seller :eek:

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
you think ima drop my price any lower then 8k when i got someone already wanting it for that.

Cracked bumper and dented hood years ago that was fixed right. not a salvage title or anything so sorry not gonna take less just cuz someone is trying to start shit.

Hey wasnt trying to take away from the car I was just wondering if it was still 10k now that you know it was in a crash....doesnt look like it JUST had a bumper and hood, more like new headlights, passenger fender, hood, bumper, then everything behind it...........I would consider buying it let me know if you will take around 7k if not GLWS it looks like it was put back together well and your taking care of it well now.

Last edited:

Josh79

Established Member
dont really care what ya think honestly. You have never seen the car. Yeah the car is so destroyed. yeah right. your 2 cents dont mean shit to me

Shit breaks no matter what. Its how you fix it and take care of maintenance that matters.

Like i said the car has been driven. Shit will break. its not been cobbled together. Its not a salvage title, the damage was cosmetic, cracked bumper, dented hood and header panel. and it has been taken care of when it comes to maintenance and proper repairs.

should have worded it differently in last post. meant yes the car has been driven, but it has been taken care of. If ya want a stock car that has never left a garage before then thats fine, go get one but dont sit here and trash my car that you know nothing about.

Josh79

Established Member
Hey wasnt trying to take away from the car i was just wondering if it was still 10k now that you know it was in a crash....you did a good job on it glws

like i said price is 8500 with the tuner. when first posted wasnt really wanting to get rid of it but now shit has changed with job so little more motivated to sell it

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You should take the 8k from the dealer. that is more than your car is worth. 100k miles on it with a destroyed history will make it 6-7k to a buyer that knows anything about cars. glws cause I am interested,just not for 8.5k. plllease :lol1:

Haha my fav quote is "the car has been driven and been taken care of properly". if you mean that the car blowing the trans,engine,pumpkin, then hit a deer at 60mph is taking care of the car..... then maybe I should stay far away from you as a seller :eek:

Since everyone else is throwing their .02 in I will too.

Destroyed? If the car is so effing bad people then don't buy it. Body damage ain't shit if it's repaired correctly. And the other mechanical problems? Are you serious? So since I replaced 2 t/o bearings and the input shaft on the tranny of my Mach the WHOLE car is a pos and worth thousands less than a "pristine" one right? As you said- plllease!! And anyone buying a used mustang is a blithering moron if they thing the previous owner didn't at least get on it from time to time. You nay-Sayers are unbelievable. If you don't like the car stop being a bitch about it and move the **** on. :bash:

Last edited:

Josh79

Established Member
Thank you finally someone with a brain. appreciate it

This is a for sale ad not hey all you low ballers come in trashing my car trying to lower the price thread.

The previous owner said exactly what happened to the car so just let it go.

no way am i taking any less then 8500 for everything. that wouldnt get me a car anywhere near as nice as this one. if all else fails and job straightens out ill keep it, have it payed off in another year and throw money into my "POS wrecked beaten to hell cobra" as some of ya think.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Thank you finally someone with a brain. appreciate it

This is a for sale ad not hey all you low ballers come in trashing my car trying to lower the price thread.

The previous owner said exactly what happened to the car so just let it go.

no way am i taking any less then 8500 for everything. that wouldnt get me a car anywhere near as nice as this one. if all else fails and job straightens out ill keep it, have it payed off in another year and throw money into my "POS wrecked beaten to hell cobra" as some of ya think.

Glws man, car looks awesome. Just throwing this out there for you- I've had lots of luck on Mautofied.com.... Most go on there looking to trade but quite a few sell too. If I was back stateside I'd put this car on my shortlist. Hope it works out:beer:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Haha my fav quote is "the car has been driven and been taken care of properly". if you mean that the car blowing the trans,engine,pumpkin, then hit a deer at 60mph is taking care of the car.....

The car was taken care of.

Like I said before, I would gladly own this car again and blow out 5 more rearends if I could work it into my budget right now.

Last edited:

Josh79

Established Member
Glws man, car looks awesome. Just throwing this out there for you- I've had lots of luck on Mautofied.com.... Most go on there looking to trade but quite a few sell too. If I was back stateside I'd put this car on my shortlist. Hope it works out:beer:

thanks ill look into that site.

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
The car was taken care of.

Like I said before, I would gladly own this car again and blow out 5 more rearends if I could work it into my budget right now.

well when the seller never says a word of this until he is outed by the previous owner is sketch. If it happened in the past just come clean.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
well when the seller never says a word of this until he is outed by the previous owner is sketch. If it happened in the past just come clean.

He probably didn't know.... Worse case scenario I always either bring a mech with me or take it to a garage- I just mentioned this to my mech (Wife- ASE certified) and she said the same thing I did. As long as the repair is done correctly there should be no issue. With that being said if I'm out looking at a specific type of car (say I just gotta have a Cobra) I will go see multiple cars, pull up consumer reports, and check on line for recalls or other major issues. If I don't like what I see I just move on. This is a non-issue. There are probably a few HUNDRED Cobras for sale right now. If you don't like THIS Cobra then move on. Can you do better than this one? Probably- who knows for sure. Is he asking a fair price? I dunno- 8500 is certainly not the highest I've seen for a 99/01 Cobra.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I don't think he ever knew about the rearend or anything besides it having 3.73s to be honest. He probably didn't even know about the deer either depending on what the last seller told him. You would never know due to the quality of the repairs.

I originally tried to avoid this thread all together until I started feeling bad for the seller all because of things that I myself did to the car.

Josh79

Established Member

I had no idea that it had ever hit a deer. Wasnt brought up the carfax was clean and you can not tell anything ever happened to looking at it. When i bought it with the bumpers and hood it made me wonder and i went over the car with a fine tooth comb looking for evidence of a crash ever. Couldnt find anything and with the clean report at the time i didnt think anything had ever happened and if so it was repaired PERFECTLY. The pieces couldnt fit any better

If you dont like my price sorry dont buy it. you dont need to trash my car my asking price or my character. You can only see so much in pictures and it doesnt even come close to doing the car justice.

Judging my asking price to other cobras in the state i have seen for sale it is very reasonable. its on the low end of the 99-01s i have seen and it may have a few more miles but it is still nicer then the ones with 80k or whatever i have seen for sale for over 10k. ppl are asking the same if not more for 96-98s with simliar mileage.

Never hide anything i knew about, its news to me. wasnt outted by the previous owner it was some troll that was trying to start shit and had to make a new account to do it. so until the PO spoke up i wasnt gonna believe shit as i knew he was on the site from when he wanted the car back so was waiting for him to chime in.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I did inform the guy I sold it to that I hit a deer. In fact it still says that in my For Sale thread from 3 years ago. He knew about it but probably chose not to say anything when he went to sell it.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I did inform the guy I sold it to that I hit a deer. In fact it still says that in my For Sale thread from 3 years ago. He knew about it but probably chose not to say anything when he went to sell it.

That's what I figured. Props for being a stand up guy. And props to the body shop- the car looks phenomenal!!

A motor replacement was mentioned..... Any truth to that? A built motor in this car would be icing on the cake!!

Users who are viewing this thread