Modifications for skinnies

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
I just bought 15x4 diamond racing rims with 165/15 vw metrics for the track, What do I need to do to get them on the car, pass inspection, and be able to put my normal street tires back on after I go to the track
From what I have read I can do the following
1 - shave the brake caliper. just the top corner needs to be shaved. after that u use a 1/2" wheel spacer and they fit. u will need 3" studs i believe for this

2 - dont shave anything but use a 1" spacer. some say this makes the whell stick out too much. ive only heard this one a few times so im not sure how accurate it is.

What should I do, and If you guys recommend a certain spacer, where can I get it at?
Thanks

jeffsvt

Established Member
Mine has the 1" spacer welded on the wheel from bogart with 3" studs and they don't stick out to far at all .

hoo1.jpg

hoo3.jpg

hoo2.jpg

I would go with the 1" spacer and longer studs .

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
I got a set of 04 Gt Brake calipers,rotors, and lines. Swaped them over and didn't notice a whole lot of stopping diff.. Then you have to shave the crap of the calipers and bolt the wheel on and get it very tight to see if they rub!
I thought it was a easy job, but I do all kinds of modification work like that alot, so it came easy!

Users who are viewing this thread