Modified 1987 Mustang LX Notchback for sale

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I need to sell this to pay off some debts. In August it had an accident where the hood pins came loose and the hood flew up and damaged the cowl and windshield, plus part of the roof. The estimate to fix it was $2200 including parts, but I went ahead and purchased most of the parts out of pocket and they are included (4" Cervini's cowl hood, plastic cowl panel and lower windshield trim, gauges, etc.). This car was in two magazine features in 2005 (5.0 Mustang and Super Fords and Mustang Enthusiast). It has won at various NMRA events including 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Editor's Choice. I hate to see it go and I am practically giving it away for $6000 firm. I live in Ripley, WV and you will have to arrange to pick it up. I will not deliver. The title is clean. I've owned it since new. This is a garage kept one owner car since new. Below are specs:

Mustang Specs:
Engine and Drivetrain:
Block: FRPP Sportsman with a Canton girdle and windage tray
Bore: 4.00 inch
Stroke: 3.40 inch
Displacement: 342 cid
Crank: Probe lightweight forged steel, ATI damper
Rods: Probe ultra-lightweight, 5.315 inch
Pistons: Probe SRS, 12.5:1 compression, Sealed Power low-tension rings
Oil Pan: Canton 7 Qt baffled with crank scraper
Cooling: Ron Davis aluminum radiator, SN95 electric fan, Stewart water pump
Cam: BIG Comp Cams solid roller with Comp Cams lifters
Heads: Edelbrock Victor Jr.(WELLSpeed ported); Comp valve springs, Comp Titanium retainers, Scorpion 1.65 roller rockers, Comp High-Tech pushrods
Valves: 2.05/1.60
Intake: Edelbrock Super Victor (WELLSpeed ported)
Vacuum Pump System: GZ Sportsman pump with a Jeg's aluminum catch can and a custom WELLSpeed/GZ brackety combination w/serpentine drive
Carb: Big 1000cfm Holley HP
Power Adder: Edelbrock Performer RPM single-stage plate w/a grill mounted purge
Fuel System: Mallory Comp 250 pump, twin Mallory filters, twin Holley regulators, -8 supply for carb and -6 supply for nitrous
Headers: Bassani 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 inch long-tube headers
Exhaust: 3 inch Bassani off-road x-pipe, 3 inch Race Magnum bullet mufflers, no tail pipes
Transmission: WELLSpeed built C4 automatic w/reverse-manual valvebody and a 9.5" 4000rpm stall converter.
Rear-end: 8.8 with Auburn Pro differential, Moser axles, 4.30 gears, girdle cover
Electronics:
A/F Tuning: PLX wideband
Ignition: Mallory HyFire VI Multiple Spark Discharge CD box, MSD Pro Billet distributor, Mallory coil, Moroso Ultra Wires, NGK R plugs
Gauges: Autometer Phantom Speedometer, Tachometer, Shift-Lite, fuel level, volts, oil pressure, water temperature, fuel pressure, vacuum, and Edelbrock nitrous pressure
Other Controls: Custom switch panel for nitrous and other electronics
Suspension and Chassis:
Front Suspension:
K-Member: AJE Tubular, custom solid motor mounts for 1 inch lower engine
Control Arms: Ground Pounder tubular
Springs: Ground Pounder coil-over kit; QA-1 progressive (175-350lb) springs
Sway Bar: 4cyl Mustang bar w/poly bushings
Steering: Flaming River 15:1 manual rack and custom shaft, Ground Pounder bumpsteer kit, Maximum solid mounts
Struts: Monroe Formula GP with Ground Pounder caster/camber plates
Brakes: Power Stop cross drilled rotors, Lincoln 73 mm calipers, Hawk pads
Wheels and Tires: AFS Polished 17x8" Cobra R with Sumitomo HTR 245/45/ZR-17
Rear Suspension:
Control Arms: HP Mega-bite Jr. lowers, modified stock uppers with urethane bushings
Springs: FRPP M-5300-C
Sway Bar: Suspension Techniques
Panhard Bar: Modified BBK
Shocks: Monroe Formula GP (no quad shocks)
Brakes: SSBC slotted rear rotors, Porterfield pads
Wheels and Tires: AFS Polished 17x9" Cobra R with Mickey Thompson DR 275/40/ZR-17
Chassis Stiffening: Steeda chrome-moly subframe connectors
Exterior:
Color: 1987 Specific Ford Medium Yellow (Code 6H) with Di-Noc Carbon Fiber accents
Hood: Cervini's 3 inch cowl-induction
Cowl: Cowl Gauge Concepts 2-gauge cowl panel with Autometer Phantom vacuum and fuel pressure gauges (no pics yet)
Rear Spoiler: Cervini's Mustang Anniversary Wing
Lights: Clear fronts, Black 1987-1993 GT rears
Other: Running Pony emblems, Saleen front filler panel, sunroof
Interior:
Seats and upholstery: Flo-fit front buckets with adjustable lumbar support, rear seat (and door panels) covered in matching Flo-fit material
Shifter: Hurst billet pistol-grip Quarter Stick
Instrumentation and other controls: Autometer Phantom, custom panel with aircraft switches
Steering wheel: Grant billet with leather wrap
Bling: Billet window switches and panels, billet HVAC control knobs, billet door handle bezels, billet steering tilt handle, billet coat hangers, billet door lock knobs, billet parking brake handle, chrome fire extinguisher, billet battery tray.

My info:

Matt Wells
Ripley, WV
[email protected]
304-532-4925 Please keep the phone contact to texts until we can talk over the deal. I am a school principal and work a lot of hours.

WP_20140921_10_04_02_Pro 1.jpgWP_20140921_10_04_51_Pro 1.jpgThumba_2015-07-13_17-52-25.jpg20150815_151629 1.jpgStang.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread