Modified mustang's 1/4 mile time

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Just got an issue of "modified mustang"magazine and they tested a vista blue gt500 on the 1320.The car had less than 500 miles and 100% stock.They said with the f1's it suffered severe wheel hop. I'm not sure how many runs they took as it doesn't say,but the with a 1.90 60-foot it ran 12.41 with no mph indicated.Just wanted to pass it on with all the talk about stock numbers:beer:

R1Lello

Established Member
:rockon:

fyi all.........I posted a while back about this car and I took the photos on my website. www.ultimatemustangs.com Joe showed up with the editor on J&P Reunion Day at TMP Toronto Motorsports Park with this car purposely to have a couple of quick passes to ready for this issue. Car was shot in August. Bone stock, Joe showed up right off the road with zero cooldown and the track let him make two back to back passes (after all it was Joe & Paul DaSilva reunion day). Car had severe wheelhop.........bad enough that they def'ly thought something was loose in the rear and they were going to report it to Ford (was a u.s. car btw) Trap was 112 if I recall (heatsoaked). Joe left fairly soft slipping the clutch out, spinning in 2nd, chirping 3rd. I was talking to him for a while and he was confident that at least a couple of tenths were easily attainable with a few more practice runs but they were off after the 2nd run and running a tight schedule that day.

Last edited:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Thank's,i didn't know the specifics,but i thought it was interesting that they ran good even though it had the wheel hop..especially since people are thinking that the 12.2 pass was all it had stock. I don't think it will be long before that time is crushed:rockon:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1.9 60 time stock, so much more not being able to put the power to the ground. wasnt the even smith short time 2.0x? 1.9 60 and a 117 trap should put the gt500 near 12 flat though no one likes would of, could of, should of. i am still confident we will see a 12 flat in a bone stock gt500.

chuckstang

Established Member
could dr tires and stiffer springs reduce some of the hop????
I know upper and lowers but just thinking of other ways to eliminate it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread