Modified Tesla Model S Plaid Records Sub 9-Second 1/4 Mile Time - 8.994 seconds @ 155 mph

speeddemon2000

Established Member
When you can recharge a EV car in under 15 minutes le me know. Until then I will stick with ICe. I think an ICE engine with electric assist is best of both worlds. Put in a battery that is big enough to give you a 50 mile range and you have a winner.

quad

Established Member
When you can recharge a EV car in under 15 minutes le me know. Until then I will stick with ICe. I think an ICE engine with electric assist is best of both worlds. Put in a battery that is big enough to give you a 50 mile range and you have a winner.
Yep this is what I am hoping for. Electric wheel hub motors for the front so a RWD muscle car can become AWD. Put the battery in the trunk where the spare tire goes. You combine V8 power with electric motors assisting at the front wheels. I am surprised nobody has tried this yet with an older RWD Mustang.

kaz109

Established Member
Looks like a waste of time and electricity..155 mph really isnt that impressive considering this is supposed to be the most advanced car in the world. Hell, the C8 from fueltech ran 160 with simple boltons and a prehistoric pushrod motor.
B0723858-E544-48A9-B18F-28C341B4E29F.gif

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Well in general he's not wrong... And let's not even get started on the OVERALL speed records. I mean, 3 second 1/4 mile ICE cars have been around a long ass time now. Electric is absolutely no where near that. Then you have NA 4 cylinder Honda's running 8s these days.

Sure, these are heavily modified ICE vehicles, but that's the thing. They actually have the capability to outperform electrics. You aren't "modding" a Tesla to run 5s/6s/7s anytime soon. If ever.

quad

Established Member
Well in general he's not wrong... And let's not even get started on the OVERALL speed records. I mean, 3 second 1/4 mile ICE cars have been around a long ass time now. Electric is absolutely no where near that. Then you have NA 4 cylinder Honda's running 8s these days.

Sure, these are heavily modified ICE vehicles, but that's the thing. They actually have the capability to outperform electrics. You aren't "modding" a Tesla to run 5s/6s/7s anytime soon. If ever.
I'd be curious to see if the supposed new Tesla Roadster w/ SpaceX Option does a 1/4 mile in the high 7 second range. Elon claimed a 0-60 in 1.1 seconds would be possible with thrusters.

R1Lello

Established Member
Looks like a waste of time and electricity..155 mph really isnt that impressive considering this is supposed to be the most advanced car in the world. Hell, the C8 from fueltech ran 160 with simple boltons and a prehistoric pushrod motor.
Simple? No. Expensive and extensive testing ? Yes! They hurt the engine? Yes! Research before posting

gofast15

Established Member
Basic TT kit on a customer's car , not a fully built shop car .

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Lol at some people thinking the fuel tech C8 is a simple bolt on car.

probably the most heavily modified corvette on the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread