modifying a k-member?

Jarrett

Established Member
I was just thining about modifying a tubular k-member and I've come up with a few things I think would be possible improvements. Correct me if I'm wring please. Okay, suppose you lower the mounts for the block lower on to the k-member, so the motor will sit lower. I'm thinking this would help to improve pinion angle, the shifter would sit lower, and finally improved hood clearance for anything anyone way want to put on top of their engine. If this is feasable it would fix the JLT and strut bar combo mess. I was just brainstorming over this so if it wouldn't work, I'm sorry.

Jarrett

Established Member
All that would be is adding spacers to where the crossmember mounts. The shifter would sit lower due to the engine sitting lower. The tranny is attached to the engine, the shifter to the tranny. So lower the engine and you're lowering the shifter....slightly. That or I'm insane and none of this is possible.

wrenchturner

Established Member
you would also be change how every wire, hose and mechanical connection between the motor/trans and the body of the car. as well as the lower control arms. not to mention changing the angle of the driveshaft thus changing the pinion angle too.....all bad things.. changing suspention layout and pinion angle..

Users who are viewing this thread