moding roush stage 1 air box lid

KG145.0

Established Member
Hey everyone.. I was wondering if anyone has removed the fins that are located inside the tube of the roush lid with no ill effects... I want to try and let it breathe as good as possible. Figured this may help to open it up a little... Thanks

bmoney50

Established Member
I removed them and added an AFE dry filter. it changed the fueling a lot meaning its well worth the effort!

Last edited:

bmoney50

Established Member
Cool thanks guys! Going to give it a try.... Bmoney what you use to cut them out?

I took a hacksaw blade and scored them..then I broke them off with my hand and finished up with a dremel. You definitely want it smooth when you are done.

vortecd

Established Member
I also thought this would be a good idea, my car ran horrible afterwards. Car would stumble if you gave it too much gas. I ended up having to buy a new lid from Roush. I have since went with the Roush CAI which works much better.

bmoney50

Established Member
I also thought this would be a good idea, my car ran horrible afterwards. Car would stumble if you gave it too much gas. I ended up having to buy a new lid from Roush. I have since went with the Roush CAI which works much better.

Just curious was the lid smooth and did you have the tune modified after the change? I have none of those issues.

vortecd

Established Member
It was smooth inside. I did not get the tune changed since it ran so bad figured there was turbulance in there without the ribs so I just replaced it

bmoney50

Established Member
So will I need a new tune if I do this?

yes I would highly recommend it. I had a 10% change in fueling. The first time around mine was not smooth enough(I was in a hurry lol) and was causing an ugly maf signal. I cleaned it up and was good to go.

KG145.0

Established Member
Well I may have to hold off on it then....I really don't want to do a re-tune at this time... Id like to do a couple mods together to get a new tune to get my moneys worth

Users who are viewing this thread