Mods/tune question

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I have a 2.76" upper going on the car (stock lower, non-ported blower), and set up my tune with VMP.

I bought FRPP 60lb injectors and a ba2600 MAF at the suggestion of several posters and threads I've read. The Tuner however told me to avoid changing out the injectors and MAF, and just stick with stockers.

Just wanted to get the valued opinions of the people on this forum on that.

Current Mods:
-RAI
-High Flow Straight Pipe <cat delete>

Mods I've purchased:
-FRPP 60lb injectors (not yet installed)
-BF 2.76" upper with 4pc idler kit (Installed idlers, SC pulley should go on tonight)
-LFP DP intercooler (installed)
-NGK TR6 plugs (installed)
-BA2600 (not yet installed)

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's really going to depend on the car. I wouldn't install them yet. But I'd take them with you to the dyno. I have a stock blower with a 2.8 upper and I was close to maxing out the stock MAF. I upgraded for piece of mind. I'm still on stock injectors, but I have GT pumps installed because they were leftover from a previous project.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Awesome. Appreciate the feedback.

Guess ill potentially have some brand new injectors and a maf for sale in the market section :D

blownfox

Established Member
Similar to my old setup. I had a 2.76 pulley, full exhaust (Long tube, catted x-pipe and catback), RAI and stock injectros and MAF. I needed a BAP but that was it. My car put down 470 on the dyno on 91 gas.

I'd keep your injectors and MAF. If you port or upgrade your blower you will need them.

HPLouis

Established Member
Thanks. I just bought this car with a 2.76, Borla catback, and a tune. I added the MRT catted mid, my own tune and I put the stock intake back on.

I’m going to head to the dyno soon so I could see what power it’s putting down and wanted to see what similar cars are doing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

termin8rdsg

Established Member
I put down 463//480. 2.76 pulley, plugs, jlt ram air, catted x pipe and borla stingers.

HPLouis

Established Member
I put down 463//480. 2.76 pulley, plugs, jlt ram air, catted x pipe and borla stingers.

Thanks. Right now, I've got a stock airbox with paper filter, 2.76 pulley, catted MRT H-pipe, Borla Ataks, TR6 plugs and a SCT tune. I'm hoping to hit 450rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread