Mods

Boss3209

Established Member
Here are two changes I have made to the car so far:

Rear spoiler and decal Ford SHOULD have put on the rear

582119_3404330740667_1041832432_32927838_275993818_n.jpg

Future wheel change I am looking at making: Leaning toward this wheel and I can Plasti Dip it to have a black wheel when I want and a silver one when I don't

sve-1007dc_4479.jpg

bpmurr

Established Member
Here are two changes I have made to the car so far:

Rear spoiler and decal Ford SHOULD have put on the rear

582119_3404330740667_1041832432_32927838_275993818_n.jpg

Future wheel change I am looking at making: Leaning toward this wheel and I can Plasti Dip it to have a black wheel when I want and a silver one when I don't

sve-1007dc_4479.jpg

Agreed but the decal should have been on the faux gas cap instead of the tri-bar pony.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Agreed but the decal should have been on the faux gas cap instead of the tri-bar pony.
This.

I'm not a fan of those wheels and I think you should keep looking. Save a little longer and get some better quality wheels for your Boss. :thumbsup: BTW the 302S wheels look very nice on Performance White.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Those wheels are heavy but the price is nice.

20-21 lbs seems to be the sweet spot for 18" wheels. The BBS meshies, TSW Nurburings, and D-Force wheels all hit the mark at varying price ranges.

Boss3209

Established Member
This.

I'm not a fan of those wheels and I think you should keep looking. Save a little longer and get some better quality wheels for your Boss. :thumbsup: BTW the 302S wheels look very nice on Performance White.

Money is not the issue, I had a set of BBS CH-R's on a car before and I just like that style of wheel.
images

Boss3209

Established Member
If money is not an issue, then why not get the BBS wheels for the Boss 302S race cars from Rehagen racing?

The design of the wheel is pretty close to the BBS CH-R wheel, so for the savings of about $2300.00, I can look for more mods to do to the car and have the same look I am after.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
How do you figure $2300 savings? You are planning to buy 4 SVE drift wheels...correct?

I guess I don't understand, at first money wasn't an issue...yet now you are talking about saving money for other mods? Either money isn't an issue or it is.:poke:

If it is an issue...then buy the cheaper, heavier SVE wheels. If it isn't an issue then I agree with those above and suggest lighter wheels. IMHO, I don't consider wheels an upgrade if they weigh more than 22 lbs...:shrug:

Boss3209

Established Member
How do you figure $2300 savings? You are planning to buy 4 SVE drift wheels...correct?

I guess I don't understand, at first money wasn't an issue...yet now you are talking about saving money for other mods? Either money isn't an issue or it is.:poke:

If it is an issue...then buy the cheaper, heavier SVE wheels. If it isn't an issue then I agree with those above and suggest lighter wheels. IMHO, I don't consider wheels an upgrade if they weigh more than 22 lbs...:shrug:

The savings is that you can buy a complete set of SVE Drift wheels ($169.99 each) for less than the price of one BBS wheel. ($725.00 each) I had a set of the BBS wheels and they were nice but I don't feel like spending four times the amount when the look I am looking for is much cheaper.

As far as the weight of the wheels, These wheels weigh about the same if I remember correctly as the factory wheels. I will not be racing or tracking my car, I am just wanting new wheels for a different look.

Users who are viewing this thread