Monster Supras race for $10,000

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
If you combined the power of both of those cars they are no match for my '87 Blazer. One time I actually gunned it too hard and sent everyone at the track back in time 5 minutes. I've never heard of a Supra being able to time travel, bend light yes, but not time travel.

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by mustang_mason
heres another veiw of that race http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/Poopra04/6speed_finalCC.wmv

Great view and much better sound on that one to give my final analysis on the functions of their BOVs/BPVs. Simple really, Ryan Woon seems to be using the HKSSSQV ... which you can hear vent properly ... with a high-pitched chirp ... as I mentioned they sound when properly functioning ... in my last post. Saad's car has compressor surge issues .. which are audible ... and depict the description I made in my last post. This is no surprise, since Saad's car obviously had several issues. The noises are distinctly different. Just as I described in my last post, the HKSSSQV is represented in contrast with the compressor surge. Perfect example. Thanks for the better vid.

Thanks for the compliment, LittleSal ... but it's really nothing awesome ... just a simple understanding.

My 2 psi on turbos and blowers:

They have their pros and cons like anything else. Read the hundreds of write-ups on line with a google search. I like the space saving and linear delivery of a positively displaced/"roots type" blower ... however ... it's efficiency is arguable ... but it "does the job" well. For linearity at even extremely high power numbers ... it is probabbly the best method of forced induction. However, a proper match between engine displacement, volumetric efficiency, and compressor and turbine wheels in centrifugal blowers and turbochargers .. can yeild very desirable results .... with very respectable linear delivery. The centrifugal blower and turbocharger are similar in the amount of space they take up and the power delivery curves they provide. Generally, it is more difficult to provide linear delivery/wide power-band the more you crank up the boost/power output. They have their pros and cons to be contrasted, but it really isn't necessary to explain.

I'd like to point out that from the beginning of this thread, I have not once argued. I have only confirmed or elaborated on information being discussed/"arugued". I also made a statement that I like almost every form of mechanical creation ... especially for motorsport. While the different makes, models and modification varibales with result to expense ratio etc etc can be compared ... it still amazes me how much ignorant and or chosen hatred that people express towards specific makes, models, mods etc. They all deserve some respect, IMO.

As said before in a "brilliant" post in this thread, "a fast car is a fast car". You either like them or you don't ... so I don't understand why people try to creat some middle-ground. Thre are variables to compare .... power delivery ... all the specifications .... result to cost ratio ... etc ... but that does not justify ignorant expressions of hatred, IMHO.

And for my first and likely last "argument" in this thread ... as Id prefer to be an addition to discussion .... is that idiots are not the only people that argue. Mnay smart and wise people have made arguments and fought wars for important things ... and or for things that they felt strongly enough to share information about to try to create mutual understanding ... and or to teach/help explain/enlighten etc... but I get what you were meaning to convey ... "GTspeed".
;-)

Last edited:

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
If you combined the power of both of those cars they are no match for my '87 Blazer. One time I actually gunned it too hard and sent everyone at the track back in time 5 minutes. I've never heard of a Supra being able to time travel, bend light yes, but not time travel.
:lol: :D :rolling: :burnout: :thumbsup: :beer:

Way to "lighten the load".

And, serpentor and everyone who agrees, well said and agreed ... and right-on !
:-D :coolman: :rockon: :thumbsup: :beer: ;-)

Last edited:

JoeD

Established Member
I thought most guys on here were somewhat knowledgeable, but wow...some of you are ****ing retarded! :nonono: :nonono:

Machinator

Banned
brentfd said:
Actually I dont start a debate about supras, I simply defend the absent minded bashing on them.

So I see machinator is your buttbuddy? I'd say thats a match made in fagget heaven.

The only homo here is you and the fact that you support a gay car and a gay little cube engine, imagine that if it was an American car you **** would hate it cause it is so heavy and has such a small motor on such high boost just to make it move. But because it is Jap Crap you all love it, you flamers. :burn:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Machinator said:
The only homo here is you and the fact that you support a gay car and a gay little cube engine, imagine that if it was an American car you **** would hate it cause it is so heavy and has such a small motor on such high boost just to make it move. But because it is Jap Crap you all love it, you flamers. :burn:
2.6L is pretty good for a japanese car, too bad it has triangles and no torque :lol1: Just playin, roataries are cool, any manufacturer who can get away with lying about displacement has to be pretty cool in my book.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
The guy on the left did not hold a rolling burnout out of the launch area. To me having a nice fresh layer of rubber out to the 60' mark (as long as he can keep himself on the strips) would have helped his traction problem...

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I'm not about to read through 4 pages of responses...but it almost sounds like what you're talking about is what it sounds like when he's on the two-step...the dual stage rev limiter. My drag ZX-10 sounded similar when I held it against the 2-step.

J15BIG said:
that sucks for the other guy...

on a side note. i have always wondered what the noise you hear after a turbo revvs it up(burnout). In this video specifically, right after the 2nd supra finishes its burnout, it makes the noise im talking about. its kind of hard to hear. scroll to the 40sec mark and let it play. im not talking about the tires, its like the wastegate or blowoff valve or someting. its almost like a really fast sptuttering noise.

anyway, cool vid...

Users who are viewing this thread