montestang???

portcity_gt

Established Member
ok, heres the story, my grandmother passed away a few months ago and left me her monte carlo. the stock tires have dry rotted, and ive never been one to leave a car stock anyway. so the other day i put my stock mustang wheels on it just for the hell of it.
should i leave the 17's on it and lower it or buy some nice 20's for it? either way i'll have to buy tires...the stock 16's are shot, the mustang tires arent the best, and the 20's would be new wheels.

mc2_124.jpg

mc1_511.jpg

mc3_368.jpg

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
looks straight. just change the centercaps. i'm sure theres monte carlo caps out there somewhere or just do straight chrome or black caps

portcity_gt

Established Member
wow im suprised they actually worked,,,20's would be nice
yea the monte carlo has a 5x115mm pattern with 12mm studs, and the mustang being 5x4.5"(=5x114.3) with a 1/2"(12.5mm) stud, so thats only a difference of .3.5mm both ways then minus the .5mm larger stud hole you end up with almost no difference at all(.325mm), and i would bet they dont even machine the wheels to such close tolerances anyway.

portcity_gt

Established Member
sell it, those cars ****ing suck(i've lived with one).

fill me in on why you feel this way, other than it being a chevy on a ford site lol.
so far it seems to be a solid car, granted it just now hit 60,000 miles lastnight, it may have problems later but idk.

but the reason for not selling it is i need a back up car if something was to ever happen to my truck i could still get to work and around without missing a beat.the mustang will never be a good back up car as with any race car it almost always has some little problem.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
fill me in on why you feel this way, other than it being a chevy on a ford site lol.
so far it seems to be a solid car, granted it just now hit 60,000 miles lastnight, it may have problems later but idk.

but the reason for not selling it is i need a back up car if something was to ever happen to my truck i could still get to work and around without missing a beat.the mustang will never be a good back up car as with any race car it almost always has some little problem.
i have no problem with it being GM, but they are just crap cars. like you said, don't be surprised if you have some problems later on, because it's definitely not uncommon. you should be out of the woods as far as the engine goes though, they didn't offer the POS worthless hunk of ****ing boat anchor 3.1l after '99.
aside from that, they aren't great to drive, typical crappy GM quality, inside and out.

if it's just a backup car though, then, sure, keep it. i'm not sure why you would put excess money into it though.
in the end, your stuff, whatever makes you happy dude!

Users who are viewing this thread