More 96-98 cobra cam questions

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Just wondering if there is any differences in all the different part numbers there are for 96-98 cobra intake cams. I have found 3 different sets of part numbers and wonder if it relates to the different durations and centerlines that have been found with these cams. I know some of them have been measured to have [email protected] on both lobes were others have been found to have [email protected] on the primary and [email protected] on the secondary. I would like to find a set with [email protected] on both lobes.

bangingears

Established Member
I am not the resident guru, but I have two sets of 96-98 cams with the same part number and they measure different. I have yet to acquire a set of 96-98 cams with different primary and sec. lobes. Now every set of mark and continental cams have had different lobes. The middle numbers were 270 and 271 cams if that helps. Nasvt has everything wrote down and would be able to tell you more then me.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If I remember right the cams checked at no more than 204 degrees duration. None of the cobra cams, 99/01s, 96-98s and even the 03/04s, had offset lobes. I think part number of all the 96-98s Cobra cams started with F6ZE.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Cool, thanks for the info. My Cobra had a replacment shortblock in it when I bought it. who ever put it in must not have done the cam timing correctly. I checked the lobe centers last fall and the intakes are 124 and exhaust is 108. I need to fix this and I thought I would add some 96-98 cobra cams while I am there.

Users who are viewing this thread