more clutch ??'s and advise before bringing in..

cobra101

Established Member
I am 1 month shy of the 1 year 12k mile clutch warranty. the clutch does NOT make noise all the time. but the TOB (assuming its the tob) does on occasion chatter and squel. I am going to bring it in soon, any suggestions? the dealer should know about the weak clutch/TOB on the car right? I will certainly clean some wheel wells (just to be safe), and I probably goping to leave the DR's and CAI on.

Ohhh, also I noticed recently with the car off, I can put the stick in all the gears, 1 thru 6 WITHOUT pushing in the clutch? a sign of TOB problem? Performance seems fine but I am going to have this looked at. I also think I will enjoy the softer clutch pedal as I hear the replacement is soft and my first run clutch is tight. I bleieve the replacement is soft but still performs very well??

tnx for info

ltv1

Established Member
The Ford replacement TOB's are getting a reputation as an inferior product. When mine went out it shredded the bearing behind it too. No tranny damage this time. I used a Valeo TOB.

cobra101

Established Member
ok...maybe i leave it alone?

I am happy with the way it shifts and the chatter/squel happens rarely and when it does only lasts a minute or two (usually).

The clutch is a bit tight but I am happy with the performance and shifting.

if the replacement isnt good, maybe I shouldn't bring it in and leave it as is? I feel it should go at least another 10k miles (bringing the odometer to 20k).

hmmmm...what ya think?

also, I think I may have the engine tick but it isn't really loud? is it supposed to be REALLY loud or a mild one? My car is first run and against cement walls (drive-thrus) I do hear a ticking but it isnt too bad.

Should I bother with the head swap or just leave it? It should run past 100k miles with this tick, shouldn't it?

tnx for any info

NXCobra

Established Member
What does 1 yr 12000 have to do with it? I had my TOB replaced on my 96 under warranty with over 20K and 2 yrs old.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by NXCobra
What does 1 yr 12000 have to do with it? I had my TOB replaced on my 96 under warranty with over 20K and 2 yrs old.

I believe that would be an exception to the rule...clutches are normally considered to be "wear items" and are usually only covered for the first 12k/12mo

Users who are viewing this thread