More fuel pump needed on Nitrous set up?!?!

bleedout

Established Member
last fall i finished my nitrous set up on my 00' GT. simple set up, Zex wet kit with all accessories including window switch. Im currently running 100 shot with no tuning and ngk TR6 plugs, my question is this spring im going to find a hand held and i want to step up to 125 shot, now besides the timing needing to be retarded im almost positive that i need more fuel, as in an SVT focus fuel pump, anyone running anything similiar that can chime in? I had this same setup on my 02' GT and on the dyno I believe the 125 shot was lean and stock pump was about out of fuel but this was years ago. regardless im most likely going to step up to the svt focus pump but if anyone has any more info or insight by all means let me know, thanks.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'd for sure remove your stock 110lph pump when you go for a bigger NOS shot, hell I would have done it before the kit went on. and 100 shot with no tuning? i'd be concerned with your WOT spark advance, it should be retarded a bit.

bleedout

Established Member
I'd for sure remove your stock 110lph pump when you go for a bigger NOS shot, hell I would have done it before the kit went on. and 100 shot with no tuning? i'd be concerned with your WOT spark advance, it should be retarded a bit.

Ive ran this same set up before. 100 shot with 93, colder plugs and no tune is fine. Ive had it on a dyno as well just to verify. Also MM&FF did a write up years ago. Same results. Now i agree on 125shot. I plan on taking timing out, and adding fuel. So svt focus pump it is. Thanks

rocket5979

Established Member
Ive ran this same set up before. 100 shot with 93, colder plugs and no tune is fine. Ive had it on a dyno as well just to verify. Also MM&FF did a write up years ago. Same results. Now i agree on 125shot. I plan on taking timing out, and adding fuel. So svt focus pump it is. Thanks

If you want to save a little money why not go with the Ford GT Supercar pump? I know that Randy Stinchcomb used to sell them brand new for $85.00 plus shipping. It was a few years ago since I got my pumps but I cannot imagine the price would have changed much since. I've installed the GT pumps into New Edge Mustang GT's before and they are pretty close to drop in with just a little bit of wiring and stuff to do. Should save you a bit.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
If you want to save a little money why not go with the Ford GT Supercar pump? I know that Randy Stinchcomb used to sell them brand new for $85.00 plus shipping. It was a few years ago since I got my pumps but I cannot imagine the price would have changed much since.
^^ Would you consider $218 now a change in price?:D
And SVT Focus pumps pop up All the time on corral,Ebay,etc.. for under $100:rockon:

rocket5979

Established Member
^^ Would you consider $218 now a change in price?:D
And SVT Focus pumps pop up All the time on corral,Ebay,etc.. for under $100:rockon:

No shit?!?? Damn that is an almost 3 fold jump in price from what they used to be. Crazy how the relative prices between the two pumps has changed so drastically. I guess I am glad that I bought my GT pumps when they were dirt cheap. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread