More Problems found on my new 03!

jeffsavage

Established Member
Was really detailing the car yesterday, and when I laid down on the ground to wipe off the side skirts, I noticed on the passenger side that all 5 push in clips that hold the peice to the body were missing, and the side skirt was rattling around! Seeing as how it would cost me more in gas to drive to dealer than to fix, found exact clips I needed at True Value hardware for $1.31 total with tax. Kinda ticket me off nevertheless, wonder what other parts they forgot to install or tighten down?

So, after a few weeks have had this happen:
1) squeeky passenger seat when there is someone sitting there. Think I will get kit from dealer and do myself
2) clips missing on side skirt
3) cd player freaked out and thought there were no cd's loaded when there were 6 loaded... had to pull circuit breaker for the stereo to fix.
4) oil filter was tightened down so hard that it was a major battle to get the damn thing off

Seeing as how I am still gently breaking the car in I have not gotten up to 80mph to test vibration yet. All in all I am very happy with the car. Amazingly fast and agile.

SVT4ME

Established Member
If all you have are some minor problems for this fast as hell car than your good. Consider it growing pains and live with the speed

MalcolmV8

Established Member
The tight oil filter is true of any new car from Ford. I think they have a gorilla installing their filters.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
OK, on the side seat squeak heres what I did.

I took the seat out (for a diff reason) when I went to put it in, I put the front holes over the posts, then took my foot, and put it right on the round plastic part that covers the hinge. Push on the hinge cover hard with your foot and it will pivot in towards the tranny tunnel. Keep the pressure on with your foot as you tighten the front bolts. It's hard to do.

Then the back holes will be tough since the rear is so far over, but the rails are flexible so you can pull them over the hole as you put in the bolt. Mine does not make any noise now at all. And the door closes easier too.

davidmax

Established Member
IMHO your not doing the car justice if your not winding the gears out to at least 5500 RPM after the 1st oil change.Breakk in shoukd be a variety of many conditions but rowin 2nd/3rd and4th to a hard 5500-6000 RPM will make your rings seat better as well as your valve train.
Sorry for pushing my beliefe on you but I build and tune motors to pay the mortgage and I want your to enter my shop for pretty wheels or an oil service.
I know Wisc is a bit far for an oil service,but the freebie is always there,and besides this is a great place to visit(not in summer)Dave S.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by jeffsavage
So, after a few weeks have had this happen:
1) squeeky passenger seat when there is someone sitting there. Think I will get kit from dealer and do myself
2) clips missing on side skirt
3) cd player freaked out and thought there were no cd's loaded when there were 6 loaded... had to pull circuit breaker for the stereo to fix.
4) oil filter was tightened down so hard that it was a major battle to get the damn thing off
Not much to worry about...

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
IMHO your not doing the car justice if your not winding the gears out to at least 5500 RPM after the 1st oil change.Breakk in shoukd be a variety of many conditions but rowin 2nd/3rd and4th to a hard 5500-6000 RPM will make your rings seat better as well as your valve train.

I'll second that. Go have some fun and make sure those rings get fully seated. Mine was babied for 100 miles. Mainly to give the tranny and diff a chance to break in. Then it got lots of full throttle and continues to to this day.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I got on mine when I was breaking it in, but smoothly, not abruptly. It seems to have worked as I dynoed 375.3 hp and 374.9 torque stock. Then I added a K+N filter and got 382.5 hp and 375.7 torque.

My seat also squeaks. I'll probably have the dealer put the shims in as I don't want to rip the leather if I do it myself. Good luck with your repairs.

Wait'll you hit it in 4th at about 90. I think you'll be impressed.

New22003

Established Member
Ive got the squeaky seat also but so far that is my only problem and Im sure it will be an easy fix just need to take the time to do it. Im trying to implement a 5 day weekend, whos with me.

Users who are viewing this thread