More problems

Snake_93

Established Member
Once again my car just died on me while driving....last time this happened it was the iginition module. The car just died on me while driving, and it would crank and crank but wouldnt start.

This time the car died on me while driving. I tried to crank it over and after about 15 secs of cranking it started and ran for about 10 seconds and just died again. Every time it does the check engine light comes on. Anyone know what the problem could be this time?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
If the check engine light is coming on, definitely get a scanner. Sounds like an ignition module or possibly a fuel pump, hard to say right now.

Snake_93

Established Member
Got a call from the shop. It was the ignition module yet again...

All work and parts are covered under warranty. They are not sure if it was just a faulty ignition module they install or if there are other underlying issues that caused this, so they are doing a few more diagnostic tests.

Goliath93SVT

Established Member
your problem sounds oddly familiar...

Kind of the same problem I have been recently experiencing! Keep us posted on yours/the shops findings. :)

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Snake_93,

I just bought my Cobra yesterday. On the way home from the dealer the car stalled on me while I was driving. I sat on the road for 15 minutes trying to turn it over. Finally started and off I went. Within a couple of minutes the car died again. The car is currently being towed back to the dealer as we speak.

I had a 99 cobra with a whole list of problems. I could care less to get this one back.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Fuel pump relay (pass side under the hood) Replace the five dollar part. That should do it.
Part #FOAZ*14N089*B Price $5.01

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I had something similar happen and it was the fuel pump. They are really easy to replace and it would be a good time for an upgrade to a 190 or 255.

Users who are viewing this thread