More Problems....

creina

Established Member
Well, if you've read from my previous posts, I've been having some issues. I've had IMRC issues which are taken care of, and I've had misfiring issues...which havn't quite gone away.

I have an idling misfire. The CE light only blinks at idle. The car feels nice other then when it's idling. I've had a full tune up done, plugs, wires, pcv valve, fuel filter, cleaned air filter, coil pack, but it's still misfiring in the low end. Could one of the valves be sticking?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
the flashes I believe should be telling you the misfire is still there.
is the engine makign any mechnical noises?

creina

Established Member
The light only blinks while the car is at idle. I can feel it idling rough and I"m sure it's missing. But if feels fine when in motion, and the light ceases blinking at that point

Allstyle12

Established Member
creina said:

It could be a number of things. I would start checking for vacuum leaks. Open the hood and listen for hissing sound while the car is idling. Also double check the spark plugs and wires and make sure they are in the correct wiring order. Who did the tune up?

Similar problems have been posted on CEG. You might want to consider searching there.

creina

Established Member
If it was a sensor, I was under the impression it would throw a code, the only codes I'm getting are misfire codes

Red99CSVT

Established Member
Thats a tough one. Definetly look for vacume leaks if you haven't already I'm still new to this car so I can't offer much help.

Allstyle12

Established Member
Like I indicated above, re-check your spark plug wires and pull your plugs to make sure they are not fouled.

3 things I am going to suggest to you since it does not seem you are taking my advice.

1. Take it back to the dealership and have them fix it since you already paid them to do it.
2. Check what I already told you to check.
3. Search www.contour.org

Last edited:

creina

Established Member
I did take your advice. it went back to the dealership, they checked the wires, plugs again, they replaced the ignition coil and they believe it's a sticking valve, but then again, the ford Dealership thought it was initially a four cylinder

Allstyle12

Established Member
creina said:
I did take your advice. it went back to the dealership, they checked the wires, plugs again, they replaced the ignition coil and they believe it's a sticking valve, but then again, the ford Dealership thought it was initially a four cylinder

Did they show you the plugs when they took them out? Check them yourself to make sure. After you have verified they are ok, I would try cleaning the UIM/LIM. Read this:

http://contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=43

Users who are viewing this thread