More supercharger whine?

venams03

Established Member
I have an '08 GT500 with a Stainless Works OR/X and catback with a newly added JLT CF Big Air intake (Lund tune).

I add initally added the SW exhaust shortly after buying my car and I immediately lost the stock eaton supercharger whine since the exhaust was so loud, the airbox was still stock and I lost a lot of back pressure.

I just recently added the JLT CAI with a new tune and I can now once again hear the whine, although it doesn't last that long, is very faint and I have to absolutely nail it in second to even get the boost (stock gauge to move).

So for those of you Mod Monsters out there. Is there a relatively simple way to get much more supercharger whine (louder) and/or to make it longer or simpler to get into boost?

I don't really want to Mod for the extra HP per se, just love to hear that supercharger whine. I was told that adding a pulley (idler plugs etc) to make mine a stage 2 would boost the PSI of the eaton, but will that necessarily make the whine that much louder and easier to get into?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Smaller pulley and tune revision.

I was told taking the insulation off the hood helps

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Removing the hood insulation will make the blower whine more noticeable and also porting it will as well.

Stevan26

Established Member
a smaller upper pulley is not to expensive.. will give you a SHIT ton of more power and ALOT more whine!

my 08 pullied, intake tune whines like a monster!!!

cluscher

Established Member
I was told I could reuse the existing Lund tune if I added the smaller pulley.

Are you suggesting that there are tune tweaks that make the whine louder all by themself?

Get a 2.5 upper pulley from Van and it will scream. Tune revision not likely necessary with Lund by just adding an upper....your tune should be good to 14-15psi without a revision. Ask him and he'll tell you. I'm running the same FRPP CAI tune from Jon since 08. I later added 2.6 pulley, FRPP TB/plenum, exhaust, incrementally. No tune revision needed.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Tune not needed. however a data log / dyno pull for verification is a good move.

venams03

Established Member
Get a 2.5 upper pulley from Van and it will scream. Tune revision not likely necessary with Lund by just adding an upper....your tune should be good to 14-15psi without a revision. Ask him and he'll tell you. I'm running the same FRPP CAI tune from Jon since 08. I later added 2.6 pulley, FRPP TB/plenum, exhaust, incrementally. No tune revision needed.

Is that something I can do in my garage with basic tools? I also need the idler and upgraded plugs at a minimum as well right?

Users who are viewing this thread