Moser 9" problems

dibbz68

Established Member
I have a 2012 GT500, with a bunch of mods 740hp to the wheels.
problem is, the brand new moser has always been very noisy, I had 500 miles on it and the noise was wild like a mud tire hum with no sound deadner!
so took it back to the shop, everything looked good but the gear set had a bad pattern and sharp edges on top of the teeth, so we ordered a new set of gears from Moser, (Motive Gear set) and installed checking everything out along the way, double triple checked wear pattern etc, pinion angle etc...
still the same noise just not as bad, when Im climbing a hill it seems to quiet up a bit.
so now im left here after spending big bucks on a moser reaerend, having to buy another gear set out of my pocket and still having issues, I live in western Canada and shipping is not cheap, anyone have any recommendations?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Shouldn't the shop that installed the gears be covering this repair?
If not shouldn't Motive be providing non defective gears at no charge upon return of the noisy ones??

If all else fails and you are stuck buying the replacement gears, buy Ford Racing gears.

Lastly, what's wrong with using the original 8.8" rear? With the right components they will hold an awful lot of torque and shock loads.

Users who are viewing this thread