most comfortablr shifter? (for short arm person)

v8pwr

Established Member
What's the most comfortable shifter out there? Comfortable meaning something which brings shift knob way back so that I can rest my arm on the console while shifting or cruising.

I currently have MGW with orange handle and although I like how short it's throws are, it sits kind of far from me. I did set it at 7 o'clock position.

I've seen some with Hurst chrome stick, or roush stick on either stock or aftermarket shifter base. Although throws won't be as short, they look like much more comfortable (for me)

Thanks in advance

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
I have had Pro 5.0, Steeda, MGW, and BM Pro Ripper. THe MGW is the best by far and is the quietest. BUT the Steeda Tri Ax has the best handle IMO. Easy to reach and row through the gate. Its long and angled to the driver.

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
look up the frpp shifter the one that looks oldschool with the while ball. I keep hearing that one has a long lever which might help out compared to the rest.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Hurst's shifter has got a pretty long reach.

Steeda makes a bigger handle for most aftermarket shifters.

Sometimes I wish these cars had the setback of an F-body.

v8pwr

Established Member
Neutrinodl18 said:
look up the frpp shifter the one that looks oldschool with the while ball. I keep hearing that one has a long lever which might help out compared to the rest.

I just looked up FRPP site, and its Hurst chrome shift lever with Hurst (I think) shifter base. This one might be the one for me...

Users who are viewing this thread