Most HP/TQ on a 03 Without Spray

stangin

Established Member
Who has the highest HP/TQ out of an 03, KB or not without spray? I guess I should not get wrapped up in in numbers, but since I have gone this far and lots o $. I want to try to get as much out of it as I can to justify in my head the cost of the KB. I am not interested in being on top, just something over 600 / 600.

I heard Hammer is making 660 / 604 tuned by JDM at 19lbs.

Does everyone have the usual KB mods that are over 600 / 600?

Is anyone making well into the 600 / 600 without headers and is this possible?

I had no idea the KB tune was going to be this difficult.. I think I am not alone in the KB tune difficulties though. If you get a mail order tune, it is hit and miss and you probably dont get the full optimized tune.

Who has the highest numbers and what mods? Who is the best with the dyno tuning?

Black 03 Cobra
rwhp / rwtq
366/358 bone stock
381/359 bone stock air filter removed only, 6 minutes later, hot
432/463 CAI, 2.8, Diablo, stk CB
444/469 CAI, 2.8, Diablo, UPR O/R X, stock cat back

Kenne Bell:
520/570 CAI, KB 21lbs 2 1/2" pulley, KB Chip, UPR O/R X, stock cat back, belt slip bad..

In process:
600/600??? CAI, KB 23lbs, Diablo
re-tuned, 55lb inj, UPR O/R X, Steeda CB, belt slip fixed - 8 lb metco lower, 3.5 alt pulley, 3 1/4" KB 15lb upper 82.5 inch belt

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Livernois Motorsports...

Black '03 'vert
Bassani midlengths, catted xpipe, catback
KB 17psi pulley
KB BAP
Single Blade TB
drop-in k&n filter

660rwhp/705rwtq

stangfreak

Established Member
damn livernois built a 03 with 660rwhp and 705 lbs of tq? impressive!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
X2C Motorsports got 730RWHP and 720RWTQ out of a thier T76 03 cobra turbo kit...
Now they are making a T88 custom turbo kit for the 03 cobra ...
whenwill the madness ever stop.:eek:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by stangin
I had no idea the KB tune was going to be this difficult.. I think I am not alone in the KB tune difficulties though. If you get a mail order tune, it is hit and miss and you probably dont get the full optimized tune.

Who has the highest numbers and what mods? Who is the best with the dyno tuning?
I have tried no less than 10 mail order chips, of course its hit and miss cause changes cant be made in car and on the fly. I drove 6 hours one way to get it tuned on a dyno and after being up for 24hours and sitting in the shop for 9 more I was a bit cranky and left. I was first car on dyno and we tried 4 tunes or so and drivability simply sucked so I left. My best chip to date has been from diablo.

You have to understand untill a few weeks ago, diablo dealers did not do their own tuning, the tunes were done at diablo and downloaded. However things are changing and diablo and autologic have joined forces and dealers will be using softwere that allows them to tune on the fly, this could be good or bad depending on your tuner. SUperchips and fordchip have also joined forces and their software seems pretty slick as well. Then a new company, EFI solutions is offering their package to tuners now which means we should now have more tuning options.

Also keep in mind that a car that puts down 660 on a dynojet will likely only be putting down 600 on a superflow and maybe even less on a mustang dyno so seeing and relying on all these posted numbers is really meaningless.

stangin

Established Member
Re: Re: Most HP/TQ on a 03 Without Spray

Originally posted by Shadowgray03
I have tried no less than 10 mail order chips, of course its hit and miss cause changes cant be made in car and on the fly. I drove 6 hours one way to get it tuned on a dyno and after being up for 24hours and sitting in the shop for 9 more I was a bit cranky and left. I was first car on dyno and we tried 4 tunes or so and drivability simply sucked so I left. My best chip to date has been from diablo.

You have to understand untill a few weeks ago, diablo dealers did not do their own tuning, the tunes were done at diablo and downloaded. However things are changing and diablo and autologic have joined forces and dealers will be using softwere that allows them to tune on the fly, this could be good or bad depending on your tuner. SUperchips and fordchip have also joined forces and their software seems pretty slick as well. Then a new company, EFI solutions is offering their package to tuners now which means we should now have more tuning options.

Also keep in mind that a car that puts down 660 on a dynojet will likely only be putting down 600 on a superflow and maybe even less on a mustang dyno so seeing and relying on all these posted numbers is really meaningless.

Good gosh, 10 mail order chips.. and your tune still is not optimized.. I feel your pain. I am on round 3 now. I am not looking forward to a long road trip to JDM, Amazon or Mod Madness.. they are all more than six hours away. I understand the Diablo dealers dont make their own tweeks to the chips, but all of the good tuners have their tunes separated from what you can download from Diablo.. we looked. I ordered Autotap to see what I can see and maybe my dyno guy can have Diablo make some tweeks and get this thing tuned. Going to try this first and if this fails then road trip here I come.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Most HP/TQ on a 03 Without Spray

Originally posted by stangin
Good gosh, 10 mail order chips.. and your tune still is not optimized.. I feel your pain. I am on round 3 now. I am not looking forward to a long road trip to JDM, Amazon or Mod Madness.. they are all more than six hours away. I understand the Diablo dealers dont make their own tweeks to the chips, but all of the good tuners have their tunes separated from what you can download from Diablo.. we looked. I ordered Autotap to see what I can see and maybe my dyno guy can have Diablo make some tweeks and get this thing tuned. Going to try this first and if this fails then road trip here I come.
Thats just it, you may drive 6 hours and if a tune doesnt work and they arent set up with the new software to tweak it themselves you have to wait for diablo to do it so the dealer can download it, this, more often than not, is not a same day process.

stangin

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Most HP/TQ on a 03 Without Spray

Originally posted by Shadowgray03
Thats just it, you may drive 6 hours and if a tune doesnt work and they arent set up with the new software to tweak it themselves you have to wait for diablo to do it so the dealer can download it, this, more often than not, is not a same day process.

Can JDM tune in house? They dont use Diablo.. Superchips I believe. Yes, I have thought of that, if they have to make a change it could take a while. When are they going to come out with a fully tunable computer.. then we can tune ourselves with an Autotap and a dyno.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
JDM uses Superchips, up until a couple weeks superchips had the same limitations diablo dealers did. However superchips and fordchip are now using the same software package. I would assume JDM has the new software, or will be getting it soon and will be able to do in house burning. Fordchip wasnt able to get my tune right so I gave up on them.

stangfreak

Established Member
there making a t88 turbo kit for the 03 cobra? :nonono: people are never happy

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Originally posted by stangfreak
there making a t88 turbo kit for the 03 cobra? :nonono: people are never happy

You can say that again..
It's like a disease..
X2C's T-88 Cobra should be out in the nexy month or two...

Users who are viewing this thread