Mothers chrome polish. BADDDDDD!!!!

ROCKTHROWER

Looking for balconys
Established Member
:rockon:Just used some mothers chrome polish on my black chrome rims cause it said on the bottle it was ok for it. The crap left a nasty haze and stain marks in the chrome... very dissapointed. :shrug: Called them to find out what they could do for me and they said they would refund me for the bottle i bought. and asked for me to send it in to them to test... My prob is the didn't offer any help to fix my rims.... they apperently dont care. I detailed cars for 4 years professionally and i kno what I'm doing. I decide I had nothing to lose by trying another product. I found that the MAGUIRES chrome polish shined them back up for me......... I'm very impressed at this producted. I figured that the rims were ruined...:rockon::p:rolling:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Glad to hear they weren't actually ruined.

I've never had any trouble with the Mother's Chrome though, it's actually quite good on regular chrome.

My fav. is DeepChrome though.

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
whats a good way to get rid of water spots and that haze on chrome rims. ive tried everything. i think im s.o.l :/

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
whats a good way to get rid of water spots and that haze on chrome rims. ive tried everything. i think im s.o.l :/

You sure you have chrome rims? Water spots and haze usually affect polished rims. If you have spots on the chrome they may be pitted (burned) into the chrome. Bad news if so.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Since black chrome wheels aren't actually chrome, why would you use chrome polish? I was under the impression you care for them like any other painted/powdercoated wheel.

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
dude, this is happenig to my polished rims. I bought some Blue magic Polish and when i put it on it stained one section of my rim and it looks dirty. it's like a light black spotted film? I am not using it any more. Either i don't know how to properly use a polish, or it's a shitty product. I've got those water marks too on my Polished rims, but i comes out when i put the polish on.

Last edited:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
:rockon:Just used some mothers chrome polish on my black chrome rims cause it said on the bottle it was ok for it. The crap left a nasty haze and stain marks in the chrome... very dissapointed. :shrug: Called them to find out what they could do for me and they said they would refund me for the bottle i bought. and asked for me to send it in to them to test... My prob is the didn't offer any help to fix my rims.... they apperently dont care. I detailed cars for 4 years professionally and i kno what I'm doing. I decide I had nothing to lose by trying another product. I found that the MAGUIRES chrome polish shined them back up for me......... I'm very impressed at this producted. I figured that the rims were ruined...:rockon::p:rolling:

Treat chrome wheels like you would paint.

Taunto

Established Member
always had good results on chrome wheels with mothers chrome polish. i even used it on my factory oem wheels on the lightning and it makes them sparkle a lil bit more

Users who are viewing this thread