Mothers Clay Bar

Palecobra94

Word
Established Member
Guys, I don't have any pics yet, but I thought I would let you know that I FINALLY bought the clay bar and used it Sunday. The thing works awesome! The grit and grime on my rear bumper is gone!
Question, how long does the clay actually last? Can I get just a new piece of clay or will i have to buy the kit again?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
How long it lasts depends on how much crap is in it:). Once you can't get a good clean surface on the bar anymore, it's toast. I've never seen just the bars for sale either, so I usually just buy the kit.

When I first got my car, it took 3 bars to get it clean, I've since reused the bar on it once, and I will probably get another 2 full jobs out of it before it's done. Hope this helps.

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
Tropi-Care sells everything as an individual item, including the clay bar. So dont buy an entire kit if you dont need it.

jpk

Established Member
If you can get just the clay bar from Tropi-Care, I would go that route. I've got three too many bottles of Mother's QD laying around from their clay bar kits, and I'm not even that big of a detailing freak. The clay bars just go faster than the QD. I usually get three cars out of a bottle of QD and only two cars out of a clay bar.

Now that I discovered this forum, I'll probably go with Tropi-Care or anyone else that just sells the clay bars.

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
jpk said:
If you can get just the clay bar from Tropi-Care, I would go that route. I've got three too many bottles of Mother's QD laying around from their clay bar kits, and I'm not even that big of a detailing freak. The clay bars just go faster than the QD. I usually get three cars out of a bottle of QD and only two cars out of a clay bar.

Now that I discovered this forum, I'll probably go with Tropi-Care or anyone else that just sells the clay bars.

I feel your pain. My garage looks like the car care aisle at AutoZone..I hate buying more than I need or want. :nono:

spree

Established Member
jpk said:
That Wolfgang clay bar costs as much as the Mother's Kit which comes with a clay bar, a full bottle of QD, and one car's worth of Carnuba Cleaner Wax!

The Trop-Care bar is six bucks cheaper.

and how many oz of clay come in the mother's kit?

Users who are viewing this thread