Motor arrives monday!

Motor is a new block from Ford. Bored 20/1000 over to ensure perfect bore. Manley pistons and moly rings. Manley H-beam connecting rods, stock forged crank. Stage 2 cams with ported heads, all neccesary hardware.

Built motor
heads
cams
injectors
pumps
head gaskets
head studs
longer pick-up tube

$7345 without core. $7345-$500 for motor will be $6845.

Blown00BlkBolt

Established Member
Sweeeeeet deal! I'm gonna have to start saving cause a built motor is the only way to go! How much boost/hp is the motor rated for??? I though I seen on a diferent post something like 900hp. If thats right damn I want one :burnout:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
JDM's 16-valve longblock is rated for 900 HP.

No normal human would want to drive a 900HP street vehicle even if it passed emissions.

500 or 600 is fine for me. :-D

Im gonna break it in with 5W-30 conventinal oil? Run it slow for the first 200-300 miles, then start getting into boost slowly but surely, WOT around 2K miles.

Any other advice for the first startup?

blownsvt

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
Im gonna break it in with 5W-30 conventinal oil? Run it slow for the first 200-300 miles, then start getting into boost slowly but surely, WOT around 2K miles.

Any other advice for the first startup?

sounds good. i know some tuners say use conventinal oil and others say you can do it with synthetic. all i know is that you're not supposed to let it idle for a long period of time, and you should never cruise at a steady speed. drive for a couple miles at 60, then a couple at 40. just change it up for the first 50-100 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread