motor carnage

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Just being helpful is all for the reassembly..... The valves hit on both intake and exhaust sides and with the oem cams around.. you can interchange_ for duration/lift for desired performance results. ptv and cam timing I would look into.

Listen to this wiseguy!! Good shit

Machdup1

Established Member
Well Gents if you ever wondered what happens when you put an exhaust cam on an intake side here you go. Turns out MMR sent me two wrong cams, and in my haste I didn't realize that the part numbers were wrong.

This is what the part numbers should be:
Right intake: YL7E-6A270-AA
Right Exhaust: YF3E-6A272-AB
Left Intake: YL7E-6A271-AA
Left Exhaust: YF3E-6A273-AB

And This is what I have
Right Intake: YF3E-6A272-AB
Right Exhaust: YF3E-6A273-AB
Left Intake: YL7E-6A271-AB
Left Exhaust: YF3E-6A273-AB

Kinda pointless to call MMR other than to tell them to check cam part numbers before they ship. At least I know what the problem is now.

Those pictures are gut wrenching. All I could think was how pissed I'd be if that was my car.

I would still call MMR and politely explain the situation to them. They might be willing to help you out on the price of whatever it takes to get you up and running again.

They won't give it to you, but they might be willing to do parts at cost or a significant discount to make up for their mistake if you ask. It would just be good business.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn dude, so sorry to see that.

Those pictures look all too familiar. My Cobra's engine looked almost identical when I pulled it apart and it all started with finding that one busted spark plug. Sucks even worse when you figure out it was the engine builder doing something completely stupid that caused it all.

8-3-09124.jpg

8-3-09122.jpg

8-3-09117-1.jpg

8-3-09108.jpg

I have some old valvetrain parts still sitting around that should still be good (titanium retainers, locks, etc.) and 7 good Manley pistons. Not sure if anything would be of help, but just throwin it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread