Motor lift support points

testorossa1989

Established Member
Hey guys

It's been a couple years since posting here. Had some life events to handle but finally got time for the car. Before I start (yes I did search threads). I can't for the life of me remember where to lift/support the motor with a engine support bar from Harbor Freight. I have k-member 1/2 spacers and trying to hoist up and support the motor about another 1/2" to ultimately remove the oil pan for a gasket swap.

Can anyone tell me where to bolt the chains. Looking for the path of least resistance with removal of bracket/accessories. Ideally none would be the best. This is just a gasket replacement. Car is current in the air on 4 jack stands.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Here is where I supported mine over the winter.
IMG_9339.jpeg

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Obviously I removed the pulley bridge. It was like this for 3 months while I did longtubes, front suspension (K member came out), and other maintenance items.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Hey guys

It's been a couple years since posting here. Had some life events to handle but finally got time for the car. Before I start (yes I did search threads). I can't for the life of me remember where to lift/support the motor with a engine support bar from Harbor Freight. I have k-member 1/2 spacers and trying to hoist up and support the motor about another 1/2" to ultimately remove the oil pan for a gasket swap.

Can anyone tell me where to bolt the chains. Looking for the path of least resistance with removal of bracket/accessories. Ideally none would be the best. This is just a gasket replacement. Car is current in the air on 4 jack stands.
Top 2 bolts on the timing cover/heads. Some kits come with thin steel L brackets that bolt on so you can leave the bridge in place. All depends on what you have available to you.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I
Here is where I supported mine over the winter.View attachment 1800927
I tried what's mentioned above and it worked out. We'll find out this weekend if I succeeded in getting the clearance that I have. But it sure looks like I have plenty of room +sum. I'll be posting more in the future as I've been gone since 2018 sorting my life and now hold my Healthcare licensure and established

Users who are viewing this thread