motor might be blown at 21,000 miles

acatalon

Established Member
This is the second timing chain that I've heard of....the other belongs to a member of this board from south Louisiana...

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
haha. are you guys scared yet? I've gone through it. I had a member here PM me about it too saying he had the same problem.. SVT should cover it modded or not. timing chains should simply not break on these cars.

BenD

Established Member
When you mod and race especially...

Be prepared to rebuild anything that breaks with out of pocket money or don't do it.

0&SVT&3

TRYMY03
Established Member
hey guys update im getting a brand new motor complete from oil pan to blower i spun #1 #2 and #7 rod bearing tore the crank all to hell they had an inspector come out and take pictures of my shit and then he submittied them to svt and they approved my new motr last thursday i had my x pipe on the car and they didnt say anything but if you have any other mods especailly pulley or if you have ever chipped your car get a new ecu before you take it in for warranty if something serous happened to your car because they ran my processor and everyhting trying to find a way to void my warranty butn i told them i hadnt done anything to it and i was right im just saying from experience now with getting a new motor dont think ford wont hesistate to void your warranty if your car is modded cause they will i got lucky. but 22788 miles and im getting a brand new motor im siked as hell i let yall know when i bring it home it should be later this week the motor should be at ford monday afternoon. thanks again everyone
justin

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
0&SVT&3 said:
hey guys update im getting a brand new motor complete from oil pan to blower i spun #1 #2 and #7 rod bearing tore the crank all to hell they had an inspector come out and take pictures of my shit and then he submittied them to svt and they approved my new motr last thursday i had my x pipe on the car and they didnt say anything but if you have any other mods especailly pulley or if you have ever chipped your car get a new ecu before you take it in for warranty if something serous happened to your car because they ran my processor and everyhting trying to find a way to void my warranty butn i told them i hadnt done anything to it and i was right im just saying from experience now with getting a new motor dont think ford wont hesistate to void your warranty if your car is modded cause they will i got lucky. but 22788 miles and im getting a brand new motor im siked as hell i let yall know when i bring it home it should be later this week the motor should be at ford monday afternoon. thanks again everyone
justin

I don't know about you but, I don't think I would have my build# in my sig. after what just happen to you. You never know hows watching the boards.

Dave

0&SVT&3

TRYMY03
Established Member
Davesnake said:
I don't know about you but, I don't think I would have my build# in my sig. after what just happen to you. You never know hows watching the boards.

Dave

ford already knows my build # they had replaced me left cylinder head because of the tap and a a broken timing chain im not trying to be a smart ass here cause i know your just trying to look out for people but ford already knows my car and my name is probaby on a board somewhere and there lookiing at it saying when is his car gonna be back in here for more work i have had so many problems with my car cause its a pre december 02 model it aint funny but i still love the car and its power.thanks for looking out for me though i appreciate it
justin

BurnTire

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
How'd you get a whole new motor warrantied with all your mods? Just curious. I'm still debating whether or not I should put this nice pretty 2.93 BilletFlow pulley on, because if my engine goes anytime within the next year or so and they void my warranty, I'm screwed. With my luck, I'd put the pulley on, the motor would blow, my warranty would be voided, and I'd have to buy a $500 Geo Metro while my Cobra sits in the driveway while I'm still making payments on it and paying insurance since it's leased and state law to have full coverage on a leased vehicle.

Pulley it and get a good tune and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread