Motor Not Running Right..Needs HELP

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Friend of mine has a 92 GT. He calls me the yesterday wondering what was wrong with his engine. First he says the idle keeps jumping from 800-1400rpm and he says it was running a little lean. Second let me go down the list of mods he has-

Trick Flow Aluminum Heads, Trick Flow Cam 498/512 something like that, Polymer Upper Intake, 70mm TB, CAI, Shortie Headers, X-pipe, and flow master cat-back.

I ask him what size injectors, he says FRPP 19#!! and then I ask do you have a aftermarker MAS. He says "whats that?" lol.

I told him his car is probably seriously running lean and to get 24# injectors and a Pro-M MAS. I was wondering would my suggestion fix his problem?

He wants some of you guys opinions on this. He also wants to know would it help to get a chip.

Any suggestions for him, he would be glad to hear.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
With the mods he has he probably needs to upgrade his injectors but I don't think running lean would cause his idle to jump around. That's usually a problem with the o2 sensors. Also his cam could cause the car to surge as well.

I say check the o2's, make sure they look ok. Then up the injectors and MAF and get a custom burnt chip. That ought to fix the surge if the cam is causing it.

Users who are viewing this thread