Motor oil and filter?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Add THIS to ur oil change...... Shit is like magic!

What did you notice after adding it? I'm genuinely curious. I considered it after seeing Steve Morris talk about it.

My mom's husband used to swear by Lucas oil stabilizer. Ran it in everything he had. I guess his drag racing team had good luck with it in their alky car.

blwn89gt

Established Member
When I was at the shop last week grabbing some valvoline oil to change out to finish my break in of my motor they said once it’s broken in to use royal purple. I’m not sure how I feel lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
When I was at the shop last week grabbing some valvoline oil to change out to finish my break in of my motor they said once it’s broken in to use royal purple. I’m not sure how I feel lol

Are they dealers?

If there's any kind of warranty on the engine I would run whatever they want you to run. Once the warranty runs out run whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

railroad

Established Member
2013 GT 500, Amsoil, Mobil 1 5w-50
99 Cobra KB s/c, Mobil 1 5w-20
F5 Cobra Roadster, Stage 1 Aluminator Amsoil, Mobile 1 5w-50 All Purolator or Motorcraft filters.
66 Mustang flat tappet 351 W
68 Torino 428, flat tappet cam,
71 Torino GT 351 4v flat tappet cam,
66 Failane GT 390, flat tappet cam,
Rotella 15w-40, same filters.
2013 F150 3.5 Eco, 5w-30 Mobil one,
quick change filter.
All get 5k oil changes, no time limits.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Are they dealers?

If there's any kind of warranty on the engine I would run whatever they want you to run. Once the warranty runs out run whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

I’m pretty sure there is zero warranty lmao but I guess I’ll run what they suggest. I ran royal purple in my 89 GT with an S trim and I just felt when I drained it that it was like water.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Actually it was my buddy who ran it in his Turbo Mustang and he had a similar issue with no oil pressure after a pass and it was logged. He had some minor damage to one of the bearings but thats it!

He swears it saved his motor so he gave me the link.

What did you notice after adding it? I'm genuinely curious. I considered it after seeing Steve Morris talk about it.

My mom's husband used to swear by Lucas oil stabilizer. Ran it in everything he had. I guess his drag racing team had good luck with it in their alky car.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Fl820s and Costco 5w30 synthetic or Walmart super tech synthetic it’s literally Mobil one in a different jug check out project farm tests on YouTube it’s the exact same thing

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
You can get 2 5 qt jugs for 38 bucks my car has a canton street/strip pan I like to run with 7 qts keeps the windagedown but it can take 9qts to full mark on the dipstick it’s nice because I’ll buy 2 jugs add in 7qts and next change only need to buy one

Users who are viewing this thread