Motor Trend - Top 13 American Muscle Cars For Independence Day

91svtbird

Established Member
MT sucks nuts, even thought they picked the GT500 they still went gagga for the zl1 when it should not have the made the list...saying it can beat almost any car on the street might be true, but they should have added big bold letters after it: EXCEPT FOR THE GT500

this....^

Trying to save face and they can't even do that right ....:nonono:

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
The '13 Shelby owners that go to road courses will fix any shortcomings this car may possibly have, and where 90% of encounters will happen, we all know who will win without question. I've nicknamed ours Pacquiao. It's undeniable which of the two cars is stronger as an all-around, all purpose car. The judges just fail to see the evidence right in front of them. I think Sid made an excellent point about the magazines btw, they're a dying breed.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
The '13 Shelby owners that go to road courses will fix any shortcomings this car may possibly have, and where 90% of encounters will happen, we all know who will win without question. I've nicknamed ours Pacquiao. It's undeniable which of the two cars is stronger as an all-around, all purpose car. The judges just fail to see the evidence right in front of them. I think Sid made an excellent point about the magazines btw, they're a dying breed.
i believe you're mistaken. the magazines don't fail to see the evidence in front of them, rather they're failing to honestly report said evidence;-)

NY Eleanor

Established Member
It seems they "lavished" several back-handed compliments in describing the GT500. Most reviewers seem to agree that the ZL-1 makes for a more civil DD and that's just fine with me. I bought this car b/c I thought it would be a beast, and it is.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
So...now MT picks the GT500 as the best musclecar ever (as it should). Didn't they just pick the zl1 over the GT500? :??: These guys flip flop more than a politician. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread