Motor Trend - Top 13 American Muscle Cars For Independence Day

peteypab2133

Established Member
I still love how they have to explain their reason for picking the GT500.

Basically they admitted that the GT500 is the best, but since they are a bunch of pansies they picked the ZL1. MT sucks anyways. All they advertise is floor mats these days.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
I'm glad to see it...I think they know they made a mistake and have taken a lot of heat for it. A muscle car should've been about their comparison test. How many of these are going to the track? So yea they mention the ZL1 in the GT500 paragraph..."driver's car" yea ok...guilty conscious, still trying to defend that comparison test. MT you were wrong, but I'll take this offering as you at least are trying to save face. Just a little.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
MT sucks nuts, even thought they picked the GT500 they still went gagga for the zl1 when it should not have the made the list...saying it can beat almost any car on the street might be true, but they should have added big bold letters after it: EXCEPT FOR THE GT500

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
LMAO!! Just looked over at c5...reminds me of the bashing Ford fans took before the '03 Termies came out...I for 1 am so glad Ford didn't give the crown up. They seem to be in denial? Having a hard time coping with the facts lol!!

5.0 guy

Established Member
Cool article, nice to for SVT gets some recognition for a great design. I think the funniest thing I've seen in a while is the video on the Internet call "Hitler Finds Out About The 2013 GT-500",sums up my opinion of the ZL1/GT-500 saga

Last edited:

SIRLOIN

Established Member
MT sucks nuts, even thought they picked the GT500 they still went gagga for the zl1 when it should not have the made the list...saying it can beat almost any car on the street might be true, but they should have added big bold letters after it: EXCEPT FOR THE GT500

Saying it can beat almost any car on the street might be true, as long as it's in 50 degree temps so it doesn't overheat...:lol1:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This guy had a good point:

Anyone with any insight at all into the inner workings of magazine industry can tell you why you often see asinine conclusions such as these (think of the Honda Ridgeline being named Motortrend truck of the year). Here's a hint, they are hoping for a little bit of relevancy. When your customers have to wait 3 months so they can pay for information that's been available for free on the internet since day 1 you'll say damn near anything to make people talk about your article.

That applies mostly to the larger mags. 5.0 and Muscle still have something worthwhile to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread