Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Yes (with exception)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I was talking about this with a few freinds of mine at work last night and it got me thinking......While I've ridden Motorcycles for most of my life, I never considered myself a "biker", to me that implies Harley ridder, not that I have any thing against Harleys, in fact someday I want to get a V-Rod......

so since there are quite a few motorcycle owners on here and not all of us ride Harleys, I was wondering if you considered yourselves to be bikers, and what the label of biker means to you....

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I've been riding for almost 30 years now, starting with a Honda 550 to my current '00 Harley Dyna Wide Glide. The definition of 'biker' can be pretty wide or narrow, depending on your perspective. While I consider myself a 'biker', it's primarily because I love to ride. I don't belong to any gang, rarely go on group rides, don't drink and ride, DO have a couple of tattoos and body piercings, DO shave my head, DO wear a helmet, DO love fine looking women in bikinis. We are what we are. Have fun.

clobato

Established Member
I've been riding for about 6 years now, and I wouldn't consider myself a biker. I ride sportbikes, or I have a nice sportbike. I bought my current bike new last February, and it maybe has 1300 miles. It just sits. I love riding, but I ride like I'm hung like a field mouse. I have mile wide chicken strips.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I started riding motocross when I was 8 and I got my first street bike at 17. So I have been riding motorcycles for close to 30 years. I consider myself a motorcycle rider, not a "typical" biker.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
Yes i do, V-Rod FTW! seriously pick one up you wont be disappointed:D

indianajohn

Established Member
I just bought a 2007 Dyna Street Bob been riding about 15 years. I do not consider myself a biker. When I hear biker I think of the 1%'ers. Oh and by the way V-rod is a chicks bike.

Rochard

Established Member
I've had a motorcycle license most of my life - nearly twenty years now. Thankfully, for the most part, my bike time has been "incident free".

I just sold my Honda CBR xx11000 last month. Since buying the new Cobra the bike sat in my gargage for six months. I work from home now and rarely leave the house so there was no sense in keeping it.

I don't think I'll ever own a bike again. Driving skills have taken a nose dive in the past ten years and it's just too plain scary to drive a bike. My only saving grace is that when I did get "into trouble" (Usually because a car didn't see me and came into my lane) I had the power to quickly get out of the way.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
"biker" to me, conjures up thoughts of someone purposely trying to convey an image. "look at me, I'm a real, hardcore biker." These days 98% of those guys are a joke. They have the obligatory earring, tattoo(s), and scuzzy looking facial hair just to fit the mold of a "real biker". Whatever...

When I ride, I wear ALL of my gear. Full leathers, gloves, boots, helmet. No exceptions. I don't do it to put on an image but rather to protect myself and give myself the best chance of walking away from a wreck & walking away with the damage to my person minimized.

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
It is a brotherhood to me... friends for life kind of thing.

I have friends that I have ridden with for thirty years. years ago if you did not ride american you were not part of the culture. these days though, that has relaxed alot.

There is nothing like going on a ride with 60 or 70 friends roaring through a town... road guards racing ahead to block intersections and the locals just watching the parade in awe.

:coolman:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Been riding bikes for over 30 years.

Worked my way up from 350 - 550 range to the over 1000 bikes. Always, 'cruisers' never the 'Go Faster' variety. And > 10k miles a year usually. Was never a 'Biker' which when I started, meant a gang, with colors.

Gave up riding about 4 years ago. The reasons.....
1) Arthritis in both knees (to the point I sometimes use a cane) and it became very uncomfortable.
2) About 3 times the traffic on every road since say 1985, and most of them just don't see a motorcycle
3) Too many 'baby-boomer wanna-be types' with a leather jacket and doo rag:loser:

Coiled03

Established Member
Been riding for 10+ years, and wouldn't ever call myself a "biker". That's an old-school term that USED to mean something. Nowdays, the only people who use that term are the ones you can easily identify as posers; people who want the image, but have no idea what goes behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread