Motorsport clutch kit.

jfsram

Established Member
Clutch pedal, high effort.

I'm having the T5 transmission for my 93 LX rebuilt.
While it's out I want to replace my clutch to a lighter effort set up.

From what I recall the previous owner installed a King Cobra clutch. Immediately broke the factory cable and upgraded it too. It's all out now but how can you tell if it's a King Cobra or something else?

My car has minor bolt ons, long tube, underdrives, cold air, etc. Probably a hi 13 sec piece. Do you think the HD Motorsports clutch is adequate and will it hold if I decide to bolt on a slick someday?

What makes this a difficult question is a given clutch made be easy for one person to push and not the next. I know the FoMotorsports HD kit is just about right for me. The Centerforce in my Ram is so light, I can push it with my hand. Is the King Cobra same or heavier to push? How do you say it compares to stock?

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
Update

Not a true update because still not sure why the last pressure plate had so much pedal pressure.

I had it measured and it was 2400lbs base pressure.
New one from the local driveline shop measured 2300lbs. Considering a stock plate is 1700 I was worried about going anything less than 2000.

Everything check out ok. Aluminum quadrant, cable sheathing, cable, fork etc.

Here is the odd part. New clutch is easy to push. Even the wife likes it.
So it's almost half the effort to push the pedal and not the 5% better like the numbers suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread