Mounting new tires ---omg

nduction03

Established Member
At the local Sams today getting new BFG TA KDW's put on the rear. It took three guys to get the tires on the rims, and on the second tire they had to do twice due to putting it on backwards the first time.........

btw, paid 390 plus tax for the two tires.

nduction03

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
As long as they didn't scratch the rims it was probably entertaining.

I actually felt sorry for the one who knew what he was doing, cool dude with an older GT. I gave him my old F1's (bald).

I've never seen so much soapy water used on tire before....

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The place I have my tires mounted California Customs said my tires are cake even the 555R in 315 on stock rim. He said the ones that suck are the 20+" rims with rubber band profiles and the rims are multi thousands a piece so you can't scratch them. They have some great cars they work on there.

The funny thing is when I was there last I took my tires off and took them there in the back of my wife’s MDX. My wife was out front in the truck for like 30 minutes waiting on me and there was a brand new Ferrari 360 Modena that was silverish parked right next to my car. It was owned by some football player I don't know anything about football so I don't remember who. So I was taking a look at it when I was leaving. My wife on the way home asked me what was special about that Honda that I was checking it out. I responded what are you talking about. She thought the Ferrari was a Honda seriously and was fighting with me that I was wrong when I told her what it really was. I guess unless its red its not really a Ferrari in some people mind.

boostin'03

Established Member
If any of you Texas guys need the hook up on some tires I can do it. I work at discount tire and can mount and balance them for free.:thumbsup:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
And SoCal guys offering the same hook-up as boostin'03?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Instead of three guys, I've seen one guy, take the tire, yank it up over his head, then take a step forward and slam it down onto the rim. All in one motion. They get good at it after a while and can get it right on the rim every time.

The big meats are not easy to mount on big rims.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Have you seen how the guys doing Artica treks mount there tires in the field. It involves lighter fluid and a lighter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
Damn Boostin', where were you last week when I was pickin' up my Nitto's, and training the DiscountTire guys here in Austin how to mount'em! :D

LOL...showed them how it was done, eh ;-)

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Have you seen how the guys doing Artica treks mount there tires in the field. It involves lighter fluid and a lighter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have seen that! That is awesome! -Mat-

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Originally posted by EngCon
boostin'03 which Discount Tire are you at in Houston? I would love to take you up on that offer.

Jay

Me too! Tell us where to go and how much for two 315/35-17 Nitto drag radials.

Thanks!

OverToad

Established Member
LOL...showed them how it was done, eh ;-)

Hard to believe, right? You know me Dave. You know what I'm capable (or not capable) of, hehe.

Yeah, I did, in fact, have to install the first rear tire for them, just to prove that the 315 nitto would fit on the car. They swore up and down it wouldn't fit, sat around for 20 minutes ****in' with the lift, then with the hand-jacks, and at one point, all FOUR of them refused to do it.

I had to physically lower the car down, put the rims on, tighten the bolts, and show them the IRS bolt wouldn't rub. Their manager just happened to come out right when I was gunnin' the last nut, and asked them in a very loud voice "What the **** is the customer doin' installin' his own damned tire?!" LOL!

I guess it just goes to prove that, what little I do know about my own Cobra, is twice as much as any non-03 Cobra owners know! (Which doesn't bode well for either my car......or myself :dw: )

boostin'03

Established Member
Hey, i actually live in Conroe so that is the discount tire i work at. PM me if you would like to do it still.

Users who are viewing this thread