Moving to TX from WI...`

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
So, I will be moving down to Dallas on the 20th, driving the cobra down and having everything else shipped. Moving to right around 635 and Preston Rd. Just curious on a few things that I want to get done in the next 6 months to year.

1. Who, if anyone, does tuning in the area? I am still on a stock pulley, have intake and exhaust, next step is 2.76 and a tune, but I dont have the time or patience to install everything myself. Need to buy the parts, have them put on and get the car tuned.

2. Also need to find someone trustworthy to weld in my MMFLSFC's and possibly do the BF Diff Brace while they are under there, then get it lowered....

3. Hopefully I can make it to one of these weekly GTG's and meet a few of you.

Look forward to moving, I've been in WI my entire 28 years, so this should be a pretty big change!

B-O-B'03

Established Member
+1 on HPP.

Manny installed the Hans Racecraft FLSFC on my '03.

-Brian

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Awesome! BOB, how much did he charge you by chance? Those are still weld in like the MM correct?

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Only person that tunes my car is Travis Franklin... Gearheads Performance. just google his name, he is like 3 time FFW Renegade Champion. And is always producing cars that are in 5.0 magazine, MMFF, etc...

delvin.a

Established Member
Welcome to the D, bring shorts and prepare for onion crotch, it happens as soon as you step outside and begin to melt!

+1 gearheads although I've never had them do any work besides an injector swap and tune (which i was very happy with) Also speedtek in Haltom City. They actually have the tuner that used to do most of the tuning for gearheads. Also the lead tech over there (Billy) is the only person I would trust to work on my car after spending money at some of the more well known shops and getting very very poor results. Drive shaft banging the tunnel after a T-56 install and giving me the car back telling me its fine is one example that comes to mind. Pm me if you want

Cheers

Last edited:

ja1son

Established Member
ive heard very mixed things about gearheads myself.
i only have personal experience with true street so i can only really speak about them. im pretty sure clint, the owner, still holds the record for fastest IRS cobra in texas. maybe the nation.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
ive heard very mixed things about gearheads myself.
i only have personal experience with true street so i can only really speak about them. im pretty sure clint, the owner, still holds the record for fastest IRS cobra in texas. maybe the nation.
Same can be said with any performance shop. That's why you just go off personal experiences. Me personally can say HPP 0.... Gearheads 1. Dont know much about truestreetmotorsports..

ja1son

Established Member
Same can be said with any performance shop. That's why you just go off personal experiences. Me personally can say HPP 0.... Gearheads 1. Dont know much about truestreetmotorsports..

from what ive heard HPP will take care of you as long as you have money :lol1:

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
haha, OK.

SO, now I'm going to just pit them against each other and make a bidding war for my benefit! lol.

Seriously, thanks for all the info though!

ja1son

Established Member
haha, OK.

SO, now I'm going to just pit them against each other and make a bidding war for my benefit! lol.

Seriously, thanks for all the info though!

probably not a bad idea. or just talk to 'em and feel 'em out. maybe visit their shops if youre able to.

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
I may go for visits. Also, I am in need of new rear tires....go figure ;-) and would like to get NT05's again. Just any fairly big national tire shop or any specialty places that might be better?

Got down here yesterday evening, must say, it's better heat than WI. When I left it was almost 100* with 60-70% Dew Point, at least here there is a breeze and it's dry-er :beer:

ja1son

Established Member
I may go for visits. Also, I am in need of new rear tires....go figure ;-) and would like to get NT05's again. Just any fairly big national tire shop or any specialty places that might be better?

Got down here yesterday evening, must say, it's better heat than WI. When I left it was almost 100* with 60-70% Dew Point, at least here there is a breeze and it's dry-er :beer:

where in the dallas area are you? i get my tires from discount here in mckinney, as i have a friend there. he makes sure they dont **** anything up on it :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread