Moving to VA

missile man

Established Member
Need some help on the local laws in VA. I don't want to get into trouble with the law and need to know about registering your vehicle and need info on the inspections, if any. Am currently running off road x pipes and a tune. Any info would be appreciated.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
There is no emissions or any of that good stuff. No radar detectors or jammers. Inspection stickers cost 15 dollars and last for one year. You'll also get a county or city sticker. Most inspection stations arent gonna give your car a second thought for most things seeing as how its pretty new. Just make sure you have good brakes, all your lights work and the other things like that. What part of VA are you moving to?

missile man

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I will have to put my V-1 away though. I am looking at coming up to Ft Monroe or Ft Eustis.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
WyoTechMSA said:
There is no emissions or any of that good stuff.
WTF where did you get that from? Emissions is done every two years. I believe that is state wide, however, it may not be applicable in counties in BFE.

However, some cars can pass emissions without cats. CSVTs for example with the precats elminated and after warm up (30 seconds or so) pass fine...

svtjunkie said:
NO N2O :nono:
Thats in every state techincally...

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I lived in VA up until 2 years ago and never had an emmissions test. tricitiesmustang.com check it out there a great group of guys I used to be a member until I moved. they're all local and could help you out with any ?'s. GOD I MISS VA!

SVTowner2B

Established Member
Yeah I guess it's when you get up close to DC. I never had to worry about it in richmond. I would imagine it's due to the increased traffic up there.

slosnake

Established Member
Our only emission regulations are, you have to have cats!!! If you have off road X, just switch it out before inspection!!! We do not have the infamous sniffer emissions test!!!

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
WTF where did you get that from? Emissions is done every two years. I believe that is state wide, however, it may not be applicable in counties in BFE.

However, some cars can pass emissions without cats. CSVTs for example with the precats elminated and after warm up (30 seconds or so) pass fine...

Thats in every state techincally...

Dude Ive lived in VA all of my life...so has my brother who is 27 and neither one of us have ever had to do an emissions test.

Oh yea, the whole no N20 thing...thats a joke. All the guys I know that have nitrous dont even bother taking their bottle out.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
WyoTechMSA said:
Dude Ive lived in VA all of my life...so has my brother who is 27 and neither one of us have ever had to do an emissions test.

Oh yea, the whole no N20 thing...thats a joke. All the guys I know that have nitrous dont even bother taking their bottle out.

are you in a rural area?

mustangdan429

Established Member
WyoTechMSA said:

are you talking about taking it out for inspection, casue there is nothing about it in the book...

Users who are viewing this thread