mpg numbers...another disappointment?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Interesting. I wanna see proof of that 8spd auto being an improvement first. What you are saying is invalid, unless you have "tested" it already....?

You should know, nothing is an improvement unless it is tested by C&D or MT - and published.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/2015-corvette-stingray-eight-speed-automatic-first-drive

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/20/2015-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-review-quick-spin/

maybe the 2015 mustang is under double secret probation?

Last edited:

vergil

Established Member
LOL, you Mr. BMR tech not getting the reference to new and improved. NOONE compared a 5.0 windsor to a 5.0 Coyote. Just reminding some of the youngsters how the new improved SN95 for 1994 was leaps and bounds better than the outgoing fox body.

For your sake I hope its worth the money. My money will be heading across town to either a ZL1 vert or a C7. Or dependent on the markups on Hellcats, maybe a Dodge. But definitely not an S550.

I tried to build a 2015 online couple weeks ago, pp, couple other things and the price was close to $45.000. Fully loaded 2015 gt is around $50.000. If I am going to spend that much money I would definitely go with a C7. Guys Hellcat will be $60.000 what is the point, why would I pay $50.000 for a 435 hp mustang; better cams, heads, IRS?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I tried to build a 2015 online couple weeks ago, pp, couple other things and the price was close to $45.000. Fully loaded 2015 gt is around $50.000. If I am going to spend that much money I would definitely go with a C7. Guys Hellcat will be $60.000 what is the point, why would I pay $50.000 for a 435 hp mustang; better cams, heads, IRS?

The only GT that approaches 50K is the Limited Edition. My 15GT that is on order has every option but the 50th appearance package and it stickers for 45, 885. With x-plan pricing I am getting it for 42,900.

Why do I want to spend more than 60k on a Hellcat for something that is huge and weighs about 4400 lbs? What is the point? I don't want a barge to drive around. Nice cars for sure but not for me and thousands of others.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Why not? We like the car. It has a ton to offer. Go buy your C7 or Hellcat and enjoy it. I will enjoy my new 15GT. Pretty simple based on the statements you made above. What's the point?

vergil

Established Member
Why not? We like the car. It has a ton to offer. Go buy your C7 or Hellcat and enjoy it. I will enjoy my new 15GT. Pretty simple based on the statements you made above. What's the point?

wow you guys are really aggressive. First I don't like the Hellcat but other than being bigger that car has better power to weight ratio, technology etc. You can watch Jay Leno's review on YouTube. C7, wouldn't even compare to S550 Other than PRICE.
Not all of us have x-plan pricing, $46000 for that car is too much that's the point.

Kewlv8

Established Member
wow you guys are really aggressive. First I don't like the Hellcat but other than being bigger that car has better power to weight ratio, technology etc. You can watch Jay Leno's review on YouTube. C7, wouldn't even compare to S550 Other than PRICE.
Not all of us have x-plan pricing, $46000 for that car is too much that's the point.

really-aggressive-thumb.jpg

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Anyone that spends $50 can get x-plan pricing. That 50 gets you a membership to the Mustang Club of America, not to mention all the companies and their employees that are eligible for the same. So in short, everyone can get x-plan by spending that 50. That 50 saved me almost exactly 3K.

What technology do you speak of that the hellcat has that is above what the GT offers? I feel confident the GT with the PP will beat the Hellcat but that is my assumption based on what I know about both cars.

You think 46k is too much. I agree 1000% that it is not. It is a great deal with the quality of components you are receiving and the engineering behind that car.

Don't think I/we are aggressive, just stating our opinions. I loved my 01 cobra convertible and 03 10th anniversary cobra just as much and defended it just the same.

rrg9946

Established Member

No shit. Thanks for the information. That said. I bought new in 1995 a Sapphire blue GT 5spd. Much better interior than the FOX body, I had traded. Better brakes and handling. Less overall performance. I feel the same will happen with the new car. Waiting on Ford to prove me wrong.

Not too sure about the aggressive thing, but the above is from black99lightnin. It's not about being aggressive. It's the fact that when someone posts on the 2015 forum to share information he jumps on it to throw some troll comment. We all welcome opinions of all sorts but there are a few that seemingly like to just go against the grain to hear themselves speak or type, not sure how to word that one LOL.

I'm a car guy through and through. So as far as I'm concerned the bug 3 are really producing great products. The Mustang to a lot seems like the under dog which is all well and good. That same group of people are really discounting the improvements of the new platform. The engine from an engineering stand point really has a high ceiling of potential. I feel the overall package is very strong. The initial impact seems minuet to some. To many if us we see the depth of aftermarket products that will hit the market and really show the potential of these vehicles. Understand my this aplies to other vehicles. If history repeats itself, Ford will make a significant gains in advertised horsepower numbers along with other higher performing models. Also keep in mind, this vehicles competitors are the Camaro SS, SRT8's and such not the "Hell Cat" and Corvette that many if you insist on comparing it to.

rrg9946

Established Member
No shit. Thanks for the information. That said. I bought new in 1995 a Sapphire blue GT 5spd. Much better interior than the FOX body, I had traded. Better brakes and handling. Less overall performance. I feel the same will happen with the new car. Waiting on Ford to prove me wrong.

Not too sure about the aggressive thing, but the above is from black99lightnin. It's not about being aggressive. It's the fact that when someone posts on the 2015 forum to share information he jumps on it to throw some troll comment. We all welcome opinions of all sorts but there are a few that seemingly like to just go against the grain to hear themselves speak or type, not sure how to word that one LOL.

I'm a car guy through and through. So as far as I'm concerned the bug 3 are really producing great products. The Mustang to a lot seems like the under dog which is all well and good. That same group of people are really discounting the improvements of the new platform. The engine from an engineering stand point really has a high ceiling of potential. I feel the overall package is very strong. The initial impact seems minuet to some. To many if us we see the depth of aftermarket products that will hit the market and really show the potential of these vehicles. Understand my this aplies to other vehicles. If history repeats itself, Ford will make a significant gains in advertised horsepower numbers along with other higher performing models. Also keep in mind, this vehicles competitors are the Camaro SS, SRT8's and such not the "Hell Cat" and Corvette that many if you insist on comparing it to.

Ok the grammar on this is atrocious. Talk to text sucks on my phone

vergil

Established Member
Anyone that spends $50 can get x-plan pricing. That 50 gets you a membership to the Mustang Club of America, not to mention all the companies and their employees that are eligible for the same. So in short, everyone can get x-plan by spending that 50. That 50 saved me almost exactly 3K.
What technology do you speak of that the hellcat has that is above what the GT offers? I feel confident the GT with the PP will beat the Hellcat but that is my assumption based on what I know about both cars.
You think 46k is too much. I agree 1000% that it is not. It is a great deal with the quality of components you are receiving and the engineering behind that car.
Don't think I/we are aggressive, just stating our opinions. I loved my 01 cobra convertible and 03 10th anniversary cobra just as much and defended it just the same.

You can adjust how much horsepower you want and adjust suspension settings inside the car from touch screen. These 2 are the ones I can remember now. I respect your opinions guys and hope you enjoy your new cars.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

"Base" price for a Mustang GT is about $33K.

"Base" price for a Hellcat is $60K

"Base" price for a C7 is $53K.

A full loaded $45K GT may not compare to the higher priced make/models.....but it is also $10K - $15K cheaper.

I mean, you cannot expect a Ford Fusion to compete with a BMW or Mercedes, can you?

I think it is funny how the pricing only went up a small amount, yet now people are saying it's so expensive they will buy a Vette. I like Vettes - they are my fave cars. I am getting one for my 45th B-Day, as I wouldn't feel right driving one at a younger age.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread