mpg with your setup?

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Just curious what others are getting for MPG. I am only getting about 11 even when driving easy, with a mix of highway and city driving. I have a D1SC (Boost 16-17, 60lb Injectors, Stock Heads, 4:30 Gear). I swear that I recall reading people still getting in the 20's for MPG.:shrug:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I get 12-14 around town. That includes messing around getting on the freeway and stop light blasts. The last time I checked open road I was 21mpg. And that was before I really fine tuned it and the motor was still breaking in.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Pullied Eaton here. I just checked mine last fill up, it was 20.8 back and forth to work and around town.

Avispa

Established Member
About 15 around town and 19 on the hwy. I thought the mileage was going to get a lot worse when I changed my blower pulley to a 3.0 from a 3.5, but the mileage is just the same. The throttle response is a whole lot better though.

03zinc, you know yellow Cobra drivers are psycho, right?

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
About 15 around town and 19 on the hwy. I thought the mileage was going to get a lot worse when I changed my blower pulley to a 3.0 from a 3.5, but the mileage is just the same. The throttle response is a whole lot better though.

03zinc, you know yellow Cobra drivers are psycho, right?

lol thats right i just cant seem to keep my foot out of it

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I wouldnt do less than 3.90's .. It makes first gear so fun at the track haha:beer:

Yea, your probably right. I just wish Ford Racing made 3:90's. I love my 4:30's and may keep them on for a while, but they are no good at the track with the blower.

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
I'm not quite sure what I'm getting but I would have to say low teens city and low 20's highway. This is of course with a a jacked up MAF readings as well too.

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
Yea, your probably right. I just wish Ford Racing made 3:90's. I love my 4:30's and may keep them on for a while, but they are no good at the track with the blower.

I have motive gears that work fine with a detroit tru track and lanch at 5 grand on slick with no problems...

Users who are viewing this thread