Mpg

illness

Established Member
what kind of MPG are yall gettin with your daily CSVTs??? are there any kind of problems that should be addressed if one were to purchase a CSVT?? what woud u look for when buying one?? if anybody cold answer these q's for me thatd be fantastic.. thanx

crazyj0n

Established Member
i average about 280 miles to a tank, i usually only fill up 12 gallons ( right before E or when light comes on) thats 23.3 street mpg while driving fast sometimes

weak points in csvts are the transmission, usually the synchros (3rd especially)
ive heard of 02 sensors crapping out frequently, but thats cheap

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
No matter what I did I only got between 250-280 even with teh 3.0L

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I get about 22.5 mixed, driving pretty spiritedly (is that a word?) :read:

I would recommend getting a 2000 if you can, they seem to have worked out a lot of bugs by then. I've got 78k and 6 years going now with no big problems.

Check out www.contour.org for all you need to know about Contours.

Last edited:

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
i honestly dont get much better mpg in the CSVT than i do in my mustang....i can get around 23-25 mixed in the contour, and around 22 in the GT....

Xenom

Established Member
WTF I get 24 in my 5.0(On road trips) and about 21-22 in the CSVT. Does not matter if I drive like a wimp or not, I just cannot seem to get good MPG in the CSVT.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Highway: Light doesn't come on till just past 300 miles.
City: 200 if I'm lucky.
troutslap.gif

SoCal94

Established Member
Secondaries open at 3750.

On our California crappy gas (oxygenated junk), I get 16-20 mpg. 16 mpg is driving like a jerk for most of the tank, and 20 is commuting the whole tank (mixed, mostly highway), driving like a grandma. On a pure road trip I can get up to 24, but that's driving like grandma (barely touching the loud pedal) cruising on the freeway for the entire tank.

I usually put in 12-13 gallons per fill, and rarely make it to 250 miles.

In other states, and with better gas, I know people do a lot better, but the regional California tune from Ford, and our gas provide SUCKY mileage. At least it is still a lot of fun to drive!

When I first got the car (March 2000, bought the 2000 SVT Contour new) I tried different driving styles to get better mileage. When I tried a full tank of 'never let the secondaries open up', I got the worst mileage EVER. Now I shift at around 4-5k, and just stay very light on the pedal, and get around 20 for most tanks.

SoCal94

4GTNSVT

Hatin' In My Free Time
Established Member
When I drive to work and school in a week I usually get about 300 to a tank. I did manage to get 400 one time but that was all highway on a road trip I took. I have gotten 32mpg a few different times. I usually put about 13.5 gallons in when I fill up after the light comes on.

PaulVincent

Established Member
Not that you'd do 45 mph on the Interstate, but last August I got 40 mpg when I'd do 45 mph on I 57. Yes, it really made a bunch of people angry, but I wanted to see just what I could get. At a constant 65 mph, I'll get 28-29 mpg. Around town is 20 mpg or so. By the way, the CSVT had 168,000 miles on it at that time.

Last edited:

shfd739

Established Member
I used to get 28-30 on the highway with cruise set at 80. Around town with mixed driving and traffic I got 21-22. I also drove rather aggresive.

Users who are viewing this thread