Mr. Clean Autodry, how well does it really work?

Evenflow

Established Member
I know some of you here probably use it. Thoughts?

I've been hearing mixed reviews on it, and it would really help cut down on how long it takes to wash the car, while still doing it properly.

So, is it worth the purchase?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
I dont think so, ive used it. It works, dont get me wrong, but the spot free rinse setting is really slow. I also had to keep buying soap and filters. If you use a good waffle weave and rinse the car right, you shouldnt have any spotting at all.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
I have it, it's nice, have some water spotsin some places, but I am not sure I like the soap, so from now on I use the Auto-Dry nosel and different car wash formula

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
I used it a few times......it seems to strip the wax :shrug: the soap they use kinda reminds me of dawn. When i wax my car i usually wash it with dawn to strip the old wax off and it drys without any spots..kinda sheets off and dosent bead up. When i use the autodry it does the same thing and the water doesnt bead up anymore......like it striped the wax

davidsk5018

Established Member
I don't care for it very much....the soap that they provide is not great, and the car still spots. It doesn't save any time when I use it because I end up drying the car with towels anyway.

dezracer

If your not picky its fine..if you are,like the rest of us then no so good. Plus I dont like how it makes the water shheet or the way it makes your paint feel.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
If you live in an area with really hard water you'll notice an improvement, but it will not be a spot free shine. If you're really concerned with spotting (iron, lime, etc.), buy and install a Reverse Osmosis system. Just tie it into the water line to your hose bib (spigot). You will be absolutely amazed. Runs about $150 to $300 for a system with replaceable membranes, but well worth the money if you wash your car often.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
from all the symtoms, (sheeting the water, poor feeling paint, no water spoting) it sounds as if the way it "auto dries" is simply by stripping your wax.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Don't put the rinse cartridge in until the final rinse, it will last about 8 washes. I like the fact that you don't have to use a bucket.

anaxagoras

Established Member
if used properly the rinse feature does dry almost perfectly spot free.... i do hate the soap, and the rinse process is VERY slow.

FriscoCobra

Established Member
i used it about 6 or 7 times. I thought it was great at first but then soon realized it's not that great. I now use meguirs deep crystal car wash and a one of those microfiber towels for drying and it works much much better

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
A few things:

1. Don't use it in dry climates. It dries so fast it leaves a soapy spotted mess.
  2. No matter how much you rinse, there's always a film. Hence the "spot free rinse"
  3. It's useful for getting rid of dust. Other than that you'll need to use a sponge.
  4. There's not enough pressure to get normal brake dust off.

I do however use the soap to strip off the wax before the claybar. Other than that it's useless IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread