Mr Clean car wash works but...

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Finally broke down and bought the Mr Clean car wash "device". It works as advertised, but after just one car wash, the ionic filter was black. They claim up to 10 washes per cartridge. Toward the end of the wash, the last section of the car didn't dry, so I guess the cartridge doesn't last that long. When I add up the cost of the soap and ionic cartridge, it's about 5 times more expensive to use than the old method (car wash concentrate and leaf blower drying).

rockX219

Established Member
I got one too. I just use it for the rinse....only last for two washes. I still break out the air and absorber anyways.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
This is true. I have one as well, and use it maybe twice and then it needed a new filter.

NyrotiX

Black 2002 Mustang GT
Established Member
No no no, you've got it all wrong. The filter turns LIGHT BROWN when it's dirty. It looks grey when it's new and turns black once water goes through it. The lifespan depends on how nasty the water is -- mine lasts 4-5 washes. I love it though, the only way you can get water spots is if it's windy and dusty while it air-dries. Then just use a quick detail spray with a microfiber towel.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ditto--- what he said, I picked up abunch of filters and soap at Oreillys for cheap when they closed out the old MrClean setup to move in the new Pro model. I paid $1.75 each for five filters, that shouls last me awhile, itd last longer if the water here wasnt so hard. Anthony

stangfreak

Established Member
really? you must have dirty water by you lol. my filter lasts 9 washes. dries and the car looks AMAZING after every wash. i tried griot, mothers, zymol all that stuff, but the mr clean stuff, my car looks 10 times better.

when you first buy the filter it looks brown. but it should turn grey or something. mine works like a charm and recommend it to anyone who wants less swirl marks on there car

MattP 343

Established Member
harry gilbert said:
Finally broke down and bought the Mr Clean car wash "device". It works as advertised, but after just one car wash, the ionic filter was black. They claim up to 10 washes per cartridge. Toward the end of the wash, the last section of the car didn't dry, so I guess the cartridge doesn't last that long. When I add up the cost of the soap and ionic cartridge, it's about 5 times more expensive to use than the old method (car wash concentrate and leaf blower drying).

haha never tried that before seems like a good idea! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread