MRT Catted H-pipe Q's

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
What do you people think the sound would be with a MRT Catted H-pipe and Bassani CB (2.5")? I havent heard any sound clips out there. Currently i just have a Flowmaster CB and wanting something a little bit more. But, im trying to dodge drone. I want it to scream when i get on it though. Any thoughts are appreciated!

D-MANN

Established Member
I have a non catted MRT H with flowmaster 44s welded into a magnaflow catback.It sounds mean as hell.I wouldnt want anything else period.As far as the Bassani catback I think it would sound better with an X pipe.My cars loud as hell but might be cause its offroad.Anything louder and I think its going to attract the wrong attention(hello officer).

skratpiece

Established Member
I've heard so many people say that you must match an H Pipe with Baffled and Chambered style mufflers, and X Pipes must be matched with Straight Thru Mufflers. It's Horsecock. I think Flowmasters and Mac Catbacks sound awesome with X Pipes, and likewise Magnaflow's and Bassani's sound good wth H Pipes.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Don't run it with the Bassani CB; just my .02

Check the soundboard sticky at the top of this forum; there is a SonicBlue coupe with an MRT/Bassani setup and I'm not fond of it...

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
What do you people think the sound would be with a MRT Catted H-pipe and Bassani CB (2.5")? I havent heard any sound clips out there. Currently i just have a Flowmaster CB and wanting something a little bit more. But, im trying to dodge drone. I want it to scream when i get on it though. Any thoughts are appreciated!

You won't dodge drone with that setup. Or Blat. Or the exhaust police. I tried the MRT catted-H and Bassani experiment and failed. At least to my ears.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread