MRT h-pipe is FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Just installed my MRT h-pipe tonight. The quest for MY exhaust sound happiness is finally over! The Magnaflow Cat-back was a big improvement over stock. Adding the larger 4" rolled tips added a little low rumble and just a bit louder sound. The addition of the MRT pipe was the missing piece. Low rumble at idle, good sound on acceleration, loud as hell and bad-a$$ sounding at WOT, and best of all....... NO DRONE AND NO LEAKS!

Install was way easier than a Pro-chamber install(done a dozen of those). Fit great. Fits closer to the undercarriage than the stock pipe, but it doesn't rub. Finish and fabrication of the pipe is the best I've seen on an exhaust pipe. The shape makes it easier to access the stock manifold bolts too.

I had a Pro-chamber and flows on my '01 GT and this set-up kicks it's a$$, hands down. Seems to have a little SOTP gain too. With the windows up, the interior noise is the same as it was before. Put the windows down and DAMN! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thanks MRT.

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
Glad to hear you're so happy with the MRT h-pipe. The back of your car looks awesome! The tires don't look like they're sticking out as far as in some other pictures of your car that I've seen. The 4" tips look bad ass!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Snake
Mine is still leaking damnit. Did you use a sealant or anything?

Is it leaking up front? My bolts snugged up real good, however I did change out the driver's side header studs just to make sure. They don't have the spacers on them like the stock studs. If you have a leak, it's probably in the cross-over pipe. I put a clamp on it to make sure even though it said I wouldn't need one.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced46
Congrats! Glad you like it. I love my O/R version. Did you get the catted or O/R?

Dave

I got the catted version because I heard the 2 high-flow cats didn't rob much sound or power over the O/R version. Needed to keep it legal around here. I bet your O/R SCREAMS.

SA SNAKE

Established Member
I just had the Or version installed by a friend. It has a terrible exhaust leak... I had the part where the H connects welded, but that did not help. I am going to take to an exhaust shop. Hopefully they can help me get rid of the leak. I will keep you guys updated.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Is it normal to have small drops of water leak from the exhaust? When I installed my Borla STingers, they leak a few drops of water when parked but there is no exhaust noise or leak coming from them.:shrug:

rezcobra

Established Member
Anybody know if these will work with the Bassani setup? Heard the h pipes have more muscle car sound.

Calebp

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
Is it normal to have small drops of water leak from the exhaust? When I installed my Borla STingers, they leak a few drops of water when parked but there is no exhaust noise or leak coming from them.:shrug:

It's condensation. Ever seen anyone else drive your/their cobra and stomp on it? You should see water literally pour out.

Users who are viewing this thread