Ms3pro users. What wide band are you using? Single or dual recommended?

D-MANN

Established Member
Looking into getting the ms3pro. Tuner recommends Holley of course but i want to keep the stock gauges and keep it as simple as possible. Whats the best wideband out there for ms3pro users and should i do two? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

D-MANN

Established Member
I always recommend two. I run dual Zeitronix ZT-3's. I've heard really good things about the Spartan 14point7. Make sure whatever you get has CAN bus capability.

This one?

D-MANN

Established Member
I believe this is the one you want. I didn't see the CAN bus option in the one you posted:

This is what I'm running:

Thank you. What sensor would be the best?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Single Zeitronix ZT-3 here with the LSU 4.9. I actually have a 2nd one in the box sitting here, but am just sticking with the single.

Make sure you get the CAN bus version of whatever.

96dreamer

Established Member
I am running dual innovate lc2's with Bosch LSU 4.9 sensors. If i were to do it again I would not choose these and may upgrade in the future. If I change it will be for dual spartan3's with can bus capability.

DCguy

Established Member
I am running dual innovate lc2's with Bosch LSU 4.9 sensors. If i were to do it again I would not choose these and may upgrade in the future. If I change it will be for dual spartan3's with can bus capability.

Can I ask all the guys that are saying you would go with a Canbus compatible AFR controller........what exactly is the benefit specifically you are looking for?.....is it speed?...compatibility?

In the case of the MS3, it is already pre-programmed for the LC2.......then, if you are using a race dash of some kind, you can still run Canbus to the dash and see what the AFR controller sees on the dash, in addition to the gauge correct?

I understand if you were wanting to connect the AFR controller directly to a race dash.....you would then need a Canbus gauge to do so.

96dreamer

Established Member
For me the move would be for speed and to free up two additional inputs on the MS3. I have a pro with a ton of extras already but I never know what i'll end up doing with the car. Also I am not thrilled with the performance of the LC2. I have burned up a few sensors due to the heater circuit operation and have had to free air calibrate a few times after the sensor starts giving wonky readings.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can I ask all the guys that are saying you would go with a Canbus compatible AFR controller........what exactly is the benefit specifically you are looking for?.....is it speed?...compatibility?

In the case of the MS3, it is already pre-programmed for the LC2.......then, if you are using a race dash of some kind, you can still run Canbus to the dash and see what the AFR controller sees on the dash, in addition to the gauge correct?

I understand if you were wanting to connect the AFR controller directly to a race dash.....you would then need a Canbus gauge to do so.
It was both for me. And by using the CAN bus I didn't have to calibrate anything.

I have both widebands and a gauge hooked up to the CAN bus. The gauge displays info from the MS3. So yes, you can hook up a race dash along with the widebands.

Users who are viewing this thread